Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: people who disconnect from games when ur winnin  (Read 25697 times)
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« on: July 27, 2007, 04:45:00 AM »

this is really starting to annoy me! i will go into a server and a player connect....after a while playing most of the times im fragging them to much and they will just disconnect from the server it is really annoying me i mean c'mon if u getting beat dont have to disconnect from a server!

Do u?

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 06:55:24 AM »

This is not a new and unique phenomena, as you play more players, you will know which of them always leaves the arena as they are loosing, then simply do not play them in the first place. These players are not aware of the term 'sportsman-like-conduct' nor do they have fun...sad, I agree.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Quickblood
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 07:20:43 AM »

I don't mind losing happens in most games but I don't wanna get play and get completely owned. I don't play 1 on 1 anyway but there are the odd few players in DM & CTF that are so far beyond good that they're pro-gamers or I admit I suspect they're cheating.

Whatever the reason it's no fun to play when they're around, its your fault for being too good.
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 07:46:12 AM »

Quickblood your last sentences appears that u have a stupid attitude concerning serious multiplayer gaming. You can go to other servers where ppl are not that skilled (mostly public DM). 

I have to admit that I'm fed up to loose pro gamers within 4/5 mins :] But I have to apologize to some players like Cricky that I left the 1v1 suddenly. The reason was that my PC crashed/freezed often last times because of overheating I hav solved that problems so no problems anymore ;-)

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 09:21:37 AM »

Hey I have a habit of doing the same too Sad

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »

I think its simple, when u start playing OA u just spect to WIN, that's all, I like to find other people bettet than me because I can learn more from them, but, when they start fragging you and u can't even "breath" what a nuisance..!!
I keep trying but after a while I just go away..
in CTF mode its worst, 'cause everybody wants to play with the winning team, I'm not a GREAT player but people just play in the same team as me when I'm winning or in the other team when I'm loosing.. All depends of the players and their "winning-appetite"

<< ME >>

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »

Players who change to the winning team are called cowards=noobs without any ambitious.

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 02:11:18 PM »

yes I know, lol

Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »

I have always found that in CTF I am always on the losing team and I like it. I don't care who caps the flag the most but I snipe yo dumb azz every time I catch you with it. I would rather have fun than win. That is what the game is for in my point of view.

<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 04:08:29 PM »

if you said so.. That's against me??
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:01:17 PM by davismael » Logged

Joshgt2
Nub

Cakes 0

Shoop Me!

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 04:35:38 PM »

It could be against you but I wouldn't do that to such a friend, lol

<< ME >>

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »

lol.. hehehe..

rudcrustage
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 07:15:57 PM »

yeah i hate it when people die a coupla times in instagib, then immediately leave... its like cmon, its instagib, you're going to die a lot, naturally.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 12:32:24 AM »

yeah i hate it when people die a coupla times in instagib, then immediately leave... its like cmon, its instagib, you're going to die a lot, naturally.
Not if you got da mega supah skillz!

lingenfr
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 07:12:18 AM »

As someone said, it is one thing to lose, it is another to be completely owned and it is another to constantly be sniped in mid air out of nowhere. I normally complete a game then get out. I have not figured out how the handicap works, but there is something that is unbalancing the play.

I think it is a weakness in the game that it allows new players to unbalance the teams. I have no problem joining the losing team or the team with the fewest players. The game should make that easy but it doesn't.
anyone
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

I may weep openly

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 08:40:50 AM »

My two cents: I love both CTF and Team Deathmatch and I usually join the losing team to balance (but not everyone does, that's a fact). The real problem about balancing the game "too much" would be to reduce player skills of very good player while increasing luck of beginners. No matter who you'll face, he/she will always be at the exact same level... that would be unfair to those who really enjoy learning new tricks, created new techniques and are able to own anyone around.
I don't consider myself as a good player but until people are fair-play, I don't care if I neither loose or win. I used to play TC:E for a while, when somebody came in either team and said hello, everyone replied, same when anyone leave the game. There was really a good ambience on some servers (on the latest release, I haven't found those "hello"/"bye" radio shortcut, it's kinda sad).
I happens to leave arenas while the game is still on but it's not because I'm losing --I'm generally somewhere in the middle of the ranking-- (You're right, I'm that kind of guys who avoid 1vs1 maps -- feels to much like a competition to me ^^)

I'll wear my badge, a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest, tells to all your friends: "I am a visitor here, I am not permanent"
(The postal service "district sleeps alone tonight")
Promoted Mapper of the Century by some CPMA mid/high experienced player (luvyoalot, man)
Quickblood
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 01:02:36 PM »

Quickblood your last sentences appears that u have a stupid attitude concerning serious multiplayer gaming.

Don't be so daft it was a joke and a compliment.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 10:34:02 PM »

I have not figured out how the handicap works, but there is something that is unbalancing the play.
There are many players, and I mean MANY, who does not understand the handicap system. Hell, I'm not even sure if I got it correct but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Here is what I have figured so far:

If you set your handicap to 95 (which many new players does) that means that you will do 5% less damage on your enemies, you will have a base health of 95 health points.
If you set your handicap to 50 that means that you will deal 50% less damage on your opponent, you will have a base health of 50 health points.
So, clarification...If you set handicap 5 you cannot kill someone with a machinegun Smiley
Hint: don't use handicap, not even experienced players do it so the effect of it gives nothing.

SnooSnoo
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 01:25:13 AM »

The only thing i mind when i get pwned in 1v1 is spwnkilling. That can easyliy be resolved by lets say inulnerability for 2-3 seconds till the player is able to get a better weapon or somethin. W1z actualy uses that in some of his servers, and i find it quite fair. I think in ffa spwnkillin dosent matter, coz it is messy anyway Smiley.

About players dissconnecting, well even allmighty frankey=) does that when he is about to loose, wich as we all know doesent happen very often Smiley. If someone has a very short temper then I find it better for that person to disconnect and cool down a bit before they get too annoyed.

CTF, well i find that mode extreemly fun and i join teams randomley (i dont look who is winnin or loosing). The thing that anoys me bout CTF is people who are totaly lost in space and simply dunno what to do. I mean i agree u dont get born with the knowledge wtf CTF means, but if I try somethin new i ususaly get informed bout it first (at least i'd be curious what the abbreviation means).

Well those are my two cents (c) anyone Wink
SnooSnoo
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 07:30:35 AM »

Well Insomn1a, I only ment that if for a person is easier disconnecting before more damadge is done (trying to control his/her nerves), he/she should do just that. I can understand that. Didn't mean you should do that to. I know most people disconnecting are n00bs, and they reasons for disconnecting  are different (i.e. cwardly, of whatever). Just wanted to shed some light on other possibilities.

Btw, and I dont think this is a contradiction, but I agree on your satisfaction thing too. In 1v1-s we need some more sportsmanship (meanin since we are friends STOP spwnfraggin my arse!!! Smiley ).
Arek
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 08:34:42 AM »

in short:

"Leavers Sucks"
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »

It all comes down to respecting other players and being professional about the way you behave in front others, leaving while loosing only shows a lack of courage and no sense of sportsmanship. Of course there are times where you want to give up, quit or leave the game when loosing, this applies to all forms of competition. How often do you see 800m sprint runners stop after 400m simply because they realize that they can't win? They go through with the race anyway, even if they have no chance of winning. Why is that? Think about it..

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 10:09:03 AM »

Actually I've seen quite a few people drop out of races when they realized they were loosing (though some had honest reasons, like cramps or muscle spasms or fainting due to dehydration). 

WRT people leaving servers when losing... I think its silly to make a big deal about it, there have been times when I have been loosing in game and suddenly remembered that I had something important to do or had an issue that needed immediate attention and required leaving.  It happens when I am winning, too.  Is that bad sportsmanship?  Of course not, some things are more important than a game and/or stats on a server within that game.

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »

Actually I've seen quite a few people drop out of races when they realized they were loosing (though some had honest reasons, like cramps or muscle spasms or fainting due to dehydration). 

WRT people leaving servers when losing... I think its silly to make a big deal about it, there have been times when I have been loosing in game and suddenly remembered that I had something important to do or had an issue that needed immediate attention and required leaving.  It happens when I am winning, too.  Is that bad sportsmanship?  Of course not, some things are more important than a game and/or stats on a server within that game.
All it would take is to say: Sorry, I have to go. No big deal for the one who has to go but shows politeness and respect towards the opponent. Leaving the server for a reason is one thing, leaving it simply because you are loosing is another. If you are in a 1on1 tournament (which this conversation is mostly about) I personally would consider it rude when the same person always leave the server in that fashion when loosing, over and over again. In real life you could compare it to simply turning your back and walk away from someone who is talking to you every time you are in the middle of a conversation that you don't want to hear. Of course there are more important things than a game, but being polite should apply as a general net-etiquette in my opinion.

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 04:48:17 PM »

Signed!
Do you want to sign a list of players not to play since they always disconnect when loosing?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: