Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedicated server problem  (Read 4349 times)
near_dedicated
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: January 31, 2010, 01:42:25 PM »

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I tried to create a dedicated OA server. And it worked, sort of - it was listed on dpmaster with the right IP but wrong port. Even though I opened (forwarded) ports 29750, 29760 and 29761 (UDP). Basically, the only clue as to what is going on is a single post on this forum - the first reply by sago007:

There can be some problem getting it to show on the master list in some situations if you are behind a NAT since the master server might see the wrong port (the master server apparently uses the port it received the heartbeat from). Some NAT routers/software have a Quake 3 heartbeat hack to make it work.

So, what have I tried:
Ingame server - works, people outside my LAN can connect.
Connect to the dedicated server from the same machine (specified 127.0.0.1:29760/1) - also works.

I tried putting the port on the cmd line and in the server.cfg, neither helped.  I also tried disabling the router firewall - made no difference.

I googled quite a bit, but nothing came up, so I finally decided to ask here.

Anyone?

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I tried to create a dedicated OA server. And it worked, sort of - it was listed on dpmaster with the right IP but wrong port. Even though I opened (forwarded) ports 29750, 29760 and 29761 (UDP). Basically, the only clue as to what is going on is a single post on this forum - the first reply by sago007:

There can be some problem getting it to show on the master list in some situations if you are behind a NAT since the master server might see the wrong port (the master server apparently uses the port it received the heartbeat from). Some NAT routers/software have a Quake 3 heartbeat hack to make it work.

So, what have I tried:
Ingame server - works, people outside my LAN can connect.
Connect to the dedicated server from the same machine (specified 127.0.0.1:29760/1) - also works.

I tried putting the port on the cmd line and in the server.cfg, neither helped.  I also tried disabling the router firewall - made no difference.

I googled quite a bit, but nothing came up, so I finally decided to ask here.

Anyone?

The problem is caused by your router : it was already discussed here and there on this forum. You need a Full cone NAT to forward the server's port to the same port on the router.

Your router is quite for sure not a Full cone NAT (unless that port is already used ).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: