Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena and Risk?  (Read 4897 times)
TheBasic1
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: March 14, 2008, 08:28:25 PM »

Is it possible to mix Risk and OpenArena to form a new game? For real time games each army sent to attack an opponents country in Risk could be a life of one of three in open arena while the defense could have 2 plus base defenses. Each player would have 2 bots with them for attacks and 1 bot with them for defense plus base defenses. Their are xml and java risk clone sites that could probably communicate with open arena in organizing each death match. Could even use multi-player teams. If this game were produced my guess is that maps would be made and arena designs would increase.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:42:39 PM by TheBasic1 » Logged
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:10:41 AM »

i've though of this for the ww2 games like return to castle wolfenstein. but that game has some advantages with defending and attacking teams, objectives and different team roles. using a map over an area and a campaing that lasts like a week or so, or a day. later i found out there was already something like this: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/scripts/wwiionline/index.jsp but i felt that battleground europe had no action and was too slow, it was also very difficult to begin with. and it costs every month.

but i'm not sure that openarena would be the best environment to build upon.
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:55:50 AM »

If openarena wont be be suitable then something else will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: