Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BOT AI - OA vs Vanilla Q3  (Read 11892 times)
BFGDude
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: August 30, 2007, 05:43:49 PM »

Hello,
I have this simple question - which one has more advanced bots? OA or original QuakeIII?
Greets
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:07:02 PM »

OA, iD used some pretty cheap hacks for team arena's fuzzy weights.

EasyChat
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 04:54:28 AM »

I wish OA bots would pick up armor more as they seem to ignore it like they did in Q3 quite alot.
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 12:54:09 AM »

Hello,
I have this simple question - which one has more advanced bots? OA or original QuakeIII?
Greets

well 1st of all does it matter at all?
i find this topic quite useless
anyway thnks for listening 2 my growl GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
later

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 01:15:48 AM »

i don't think it's a useless topic at all.

ok, i mostly play over the net against people but when i do play singleplayer i want the bots to at least appear a little bit "intelligent" Smiley
Coconut_Kapow
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 04:21:28 AM »

Hello,
Greets

well 1st of all does it matter at all?
i find this topic quite useless
anyway thnks for listening 2 my growl GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
later

Actually I *only* play against bots, because I have a 56k modem connection and am unable to play any other way -- so this is quite a relevant question in my eyes. Smiley

I wish bots did more jumping around... I usually play on level 3 (although it's been a bit easy lately) and the bots don't seem to do much jumping or zig zagging, but they sure are mean with that railgun -- especially Major! Tongue

But yeah, since Beast's changes OA > Q3A, but just wish there were more textures so that I can play some old maps without staring at gray boxes. >_>
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:16:39 AM »

Actually I *only* play against bots, because I have a 56k modem connection and am unable to play any other way

Actually, it is possible for people to play the game over a dialup connection and still have fun and occasionally win a round.

Coconut_Kapow
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 08:36:52 AM »

Actually I *only* play against bots, because I have a 56k modem connection and am unable to play any other way

Actually, it is possible for people to play the game over a dialup connection and still have fun and occasionally win a round.

OK, I'll keep trying then. Smiley I must have had a streak of bad luck, because the few times I've tried to go on a server it hangs at the loading screen and says something like "LOW PINGS ONLY."
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »

try a different server, there are a few servers that have their configs setup to limit pings.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 08:41:30 AM »

i believe the "low pings only" are a server setting that not all servers use.
try more servers until you find one that accepts your ping.

when i get the "low pings only" message i just try again and again. when i get in i often ping about 30-40
so the ping detection does not always seem to be that accurate?
Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 12:31:05 PM »

...the few times I've tried to go on a server it hangs at the loading screen and says something like "LOW PINGS ONLY."
Don't try to connect to servers with blue-colored ping numbers.

EDIT: Fixed Tongue
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:27:13 AM by Kojiro_S » Logged

*ROOOAAAR*
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 09:29:45 PM »

...the few times I've tried to go on a server it hangs at the loading screen and says something like "LOW PINGS ONLY."
Don't try to connect to blue-colored servers.
Blue 'ping number', not the blue server names Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 10:40:38 PM »

i believe the "low pings only" are a server setting that not all servers use.
try more servers until you find one that accepts your ping.

when i get the "low pings only" message i just try again and again. when i get in i often ping about 30-40
so the ping detection does not always seem to be that accurate?

Off topic:

The problem is that the server is detecting your ping as you try to connect and it's always much higher then because of the loading, some admins just don't understand this and thus set it too low.

As for dial-up /rate 3360 is a good start, that's 33.6, which is a stable rate for most lines, stability is what your after to reduce lag spikes, you might go as high as 5000 if you are close to your telcos C/O and have a good line, though if you were you would probably have DSL.

BTW, if you use anything else, like for example TeamSpeak, you'll have to lower that, some other options are:

1440 or 14.4
2880 or 28.8 <- I think you'll need lower than this if using TS, but you'll have to do the math, just subtract the lowest speed codec available in TS from your 3360.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: