Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skirmish / Campaign problems involving bots  (Read 7458 times)
Sharpflame
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 15, 2008, 05:13:03 PM »

When I try to do the single player mode, the first problem I notice is that the first map (oa_rpg3dm2) shows three bots, but only Sarge shows up, and not Kyonshi or Jenna. Kyonshi and Jenna have question mark icons instead of player icons. When the match starts, the only bot that connects is Sarge. If I select skirmish and go through the bot list, I only have the following without question mark icons:

The four Artemis bots (I must've downloaded these from some server, they weren't there before, and I had this problem before seeing these bots anyways)
Daemia
Dre, Dre
Emenim
Major
Sarge

Every other bot on the list has a question mark icon. I would like to be able to play the campaign further through, as the fourth level has all four bots unavailable.

Also, after playing Multiplayer online, if I go back to single player all bot icons are visible. When the match starts, only the usual ones enter, and the fail bots go back to nonexistence.

ArleNadja
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 11:38:47 PM »

When that happened to me, I just went into my Documents and Settings folder/Application Data/openarena/baseoa folder and moved the pk3 files that were in there to somewhere else. I think some of the characters mess up the default ones. You can move them back later when you play multiplayer again to avoid the download time.
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 11:53:43 PM »

chronic.pk3 is one of the evil paks, u got it from beer garden
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:55:22 PM by zuma » Logged
Sharpflame
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

I wasn't able to find the chronic.pk3 file, where exactly is it located, and what exactly is it named?

Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »

its in the hidden baseoa folder D:

just search your computer for baseoa, and include hidden files and folders

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Sharpflame
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »

Thanks, guys. I found the chronic.pk3 file in that application data folder, deleted it, and now all is working fine. Woot.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: