Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing LAN game with a PC versus a MAC  (Read 7577 times)
Smood
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 04, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »

I have been playing Open arena with other players with PC notebooks over wireless lan no problem. One of the players though has a macbook. He has the exact same open arena as all of us (the 0.7.7 version) except he executes the game from Openarena.app because obviously .exe's don't function on macs. When we create a server, he can't see it and vice versa. We ensured he was running the same version and didn't have any filters on. Any idea what the problem is?
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 02:53:25 AM »

Update to OA 0.81 Tongue
Make sure he can access your LAN (with equal ip setting). Give him the IP of your OA server. Test if he can reach the server by opening terminal and ping this IP.
Fire up OA by doubleclicking the .app file then he needs to press SHIFT+ESC in main menu (getting to console) and enter /connect IP
Press return. Done. Smiley

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:15:56 AM »

i tried mac versus linux (both client and server) on oa 077 and 080 two weeks ago, it worked fine.
Smood
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 11:05:54 AM »

How can I get the IP of my open arena server? The router we are all connecting to is not mine so I can't get into the router control panel.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »

How can I get the IP of my open arena server? The router we are all connecting to is not mine so I can't get into the router control panel.
in os x you can take it in system preferences>Network>your interface

in linux you can use ifconfig.

in windows…it's around somewhere.
Smood
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 02:02:53 PM »

Conveniently windows it the one I need. Tongue

I think its ipconfig
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: