Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimizer anyone?  (Read 12619 times)
CF|Pishkin
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 29, 2007, 07:50:05 AM »

Hey ppl, one thing im finding annoying about OpenArena is the lack of a minimizer. so when playing you cant minimze to view messages ppl send on msn or xfire. anybody know of a minimizer that works? Thanx for your help.
Greetz. Pishkin.
Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »

ALT+ENTER makes OA windowed on the spot. From there you can either CTRL+TAB to your desired appz, or press the Windows key between CTRL and ALT, which will lose the focus on OA, allowing you to see other stuff.

*ROOOAAAR*
pio
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 10:09:57 AM »

yeah i had that problem too

You are all indviduals
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 05:36:45 PM »

ALT+ENTER makes OA windowed on the spot. From there you can either CTRL+TAB to your desired appz, or press the Windows key between CTRL and ALT, which will lose the focus on OA, allowing you to see other stuff.
Sorry but this is not working for me... and I tried every possible shortcut i know
I think oa just kiddnap the focus and no sc works...

The only way to leave the focus its if another window steal the focus... for example if some1 in amsn open a connection with you or sumthing like that... but thats all... Sad

I really need this!!

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 05:47:54 PM »

But when its minimised you need to bring down the console then the mouse should move out the window? If not then try /in_mouse 0 then /in_restart

Ive seen people post minimisers before and thought they put the game window out of view. There are a few open source ones I'm sure. The q3 ones will probably work with oa

Since there are 3 exe's with 081 then i guess this could make things confusing if something like this happens with a particular file. I'm pretty sure the legacy one downloads maps to my home folder yet another downloads to the games baseoa folder Sad

PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »

I had a problem with it setting gamma back to 1 (I use 1.5) in windowed if I hit alt tab and I would have to reset it every time, so I switched to windowed mode

feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 06:59:49 PM »

But when its minimised you need to bring down the console then the mouse should move out the window?

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
Thats exactly was i was missing, bring down the console once its windowed Cheesy (y)

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
RudyRailer
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »

Hey ppl, one thing im finding annoying about OpenArena is the lack of a minimizer. so when playing you cant minimze to view messages ppl send on msn or xfire. anybody know of a minimizer that works? Thanx for your help.
Greetz. Pishkin.

View messages? just type /quit in console Cheesy
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »

oh.. i found something new yesterday I didnt know about Cheesy I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but for windows users you can try pressing the right hand side windows button (if you have one) then the oa window minimises to your tray leaving the entire screen clear.
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 03:42:24 AM »

I dont like windows key on windows OS. In the heat of battle when you feel like pressing all keys altogether (;p) this can lead to unfortunate results- as of dieing. There are registry tweaks that can disable Start menu pop up on key press, but not everybody will go for them. Going to LANs you probably wont be able to do this tweak, so only chance is to have keyboard which disables that key (on hardware level)- like Logitech G11.
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 06:09:34 AM »

oh.. I never press all keys together at end of game Cheesy

ipo rgjperojgorigerj;lgrejo;iejgregjko

ok.. maybe I do Cheesy but never managed to hit that button  by mistake. Not even when I pick up my keyboard and hit it of me desk Cheesy
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 08:06:15 AM »

Yea i dont hit it too, but... hitting it once in 2 weeks can already piss me off.
sittingduck
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 11:59:28 AM »

I've found that different video card drivers can change the behavior of alt+enter and alt+tab.
RudyRailer
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »

Dont hit your keyboard,..just SCREAM VERY LOUDLY

I helps alot Cheesy
And you wont brake any nails ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: