Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT_LMS in the gametype_t enum in bg_public.h  (Read 6388 times)
beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 13, 2007, 09:34:13 PM »

I apologize for bringing this up late in the development process, but, as everyone knows, I am new here.

I have been going through the code trying to come up to speed so that I can help wherever my services might be needed. As I was going through and familiarizing myself with the code, I noticed a lot of stuff in there to get GT_LMS to work. It appears that a lot of trouble was being had because GT_LMS was added towards the end of the gametype enum. Specifically, it appears to be causing issues because it is not a team/ctf game and is after GT_TEAM. It seems that there would be much fewer items to change in the code if GT_LMS was simply inserted into the gametype_t enum before GT_TEAM. For example:

typedef enum {
  GT_FFA,
  GT_TOURNAMENT,
  GT_SINGLE_PLAYER,
  GT_LMS,
  GT_TEAM,
  GT_CTF,

I apologize ahead of time if I have misinterpreted something in the code that would make this incorrect.... And also that I did not bring it up until quite a bit of work has gone into the GT_LMS code...

Thanks...
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »

IIRC that breaks gt_1fctf.

beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:59:56 PM »

Never mind... It would probably mess up third party server status query tools that seem to like the standard gametypes to be in their regular places. Since OA has its own master server, it may not be a big deal, but still....

Never Mind... I R Noob...  :-)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:06:32 AM by theBeast » Logged
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 06:07:42 AM »

It was discussed on the first place of "New mod: Elimination (BetaX)".

I have placed two variables that makes it easy making gametypes with high version number be FFA gametypes in 'game' and 'cgame'.

The UI on the other hand is annoying because it uses so many different ways to compare the gametype.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: