Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Source Documentation (well, sort of...)  (Read 5514 times)
beast
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 22, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »

Howdy. As most of you know, I am pretty new here and have been trying to jump in and contribute as quickly as possible. In order to facilitate this process, I started going through the engine code trying to come up to speed. My first step in this process was to run the source through Doxygen so that I could get a better feel for everything. I have posted the html version of the Doxygen output at http://ioqsrc.vampireducks.com for anyone that wants to check it out.

Currently, this is only the ioQuake source without MISSIONPACK defined. I will be putting a MISSIONPACK version of it out there as well and also an OpenArena version (and OA mission pack) as time allows. Hopefully I will also be able to start adding comments in the code to help also. I tinkered (comments-wise) a little with cgame/cg_consolecmds.c to see what it would look like. If you click on File List and select that file, you can see a little of it. (Only went about half-way through the file for now...)

Hope someone finds this useful...  Thanks...
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:33:14 PM »

Howdy. As most of you know, I am pretty new here and have been trying to jump in and contribute as quickly as possible. In order to facilitate this process, I started going through the engine code trying to come up to speed. My first step in this process was to run the source through Doxygen so that I could get a better feel for everything. I have posted the html version of the Doxygen output at http://ioqsrc.vampireducks.com for anyone that wants to check it out.

Currently, this is only the ioQuake source without MISSIONPACK defined. I will be putting a MISSIONPACK version of it out there as well and also an OpenArena version (and OA mission pack) as time allows. Hopefully I will also be able to start adding comments in the code to help also. I tinkered (comments-wise) a little with cgame/cg_consolecmds.c to see what it would look like. If you click on File List and select that file, you can see a little of it. (Only went about half-way through the file for now...)

Hope someone finds this useful...  Thanks...
That is really nice work! And by the way, you aren't new here, you're one of us now Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: