Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just an idea  (Read 8990 times)
digitalhead
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 01, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »

I'm new to this game and one of the bigger reasons I wanted to try it was the multi player capability (the fact that it's a free fps was also a major factor). Anyway, here's my idea: I'd like to start a game with no time limit and a high frag limit (around 500 sounds good to me) just to play around and get some practice. First, how could I set this up? Would I have to create a server myself or what? Second, who would be interested in a free for all game like this on a regular basis / semi-regular basis? Personally, I think the more people that are in it, the better.

DH

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 02:22:16 PM »

I'm new to this game and one of the bigger reasons I wanted to try it was the multi player capability (the fact that it's a free fps was also a major factor). Anyway, here's my idea: I'd like to start a game with no time limit and a high frag limit (around 500 sounds good to me) just to play around and get some practice. First, how could I set this up? Would I have to create a server myself or what? Second, who would be interested in a free for all game like this on a regular basis / semi-regular basis? Personally, I think the more people that are in it, the better.
DH
I can change settings on a rainbow server for you, that would give you time to get to know the game. However, the rainbow servers usually run custom maps from this map-pack and you would need to enable autodownloads to join. This time however, I will set it to run standard maps so you won't need to change your settings. The server settings on RAINBOW|fragfest will be set fraglimit 300 and 1 hour timelimit, the match lasts until 300 frags have been made or an hour of play, which ever comes first. We'll keep it for a little while like that and see how it works, always fun to try new suggestions from others..

Here are the maps running on it:
Code:
oa_dm2
oa_dm3
kaos2
cbctf1
aggressor
oa_dm5
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:27:31 PM by w1zrd » Logged

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

digitalhead
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »

Thanks a lot. I will try it out as soon as I can. Also, I just started a torrent download for the map-pack and when it finishes, I will also help seed it.

DH

digitalhead
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:39:50 AM »

Well, I tried it out and I like it. The only thing I think would be better is less bots and more people. Although, it has helped me figure out a little bit about which bots will give me more trouble than some of the others.

DH

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 02:49:20 PM »

i was there today and played against a LOT of bots, also it was a map from quake 1 i think and nobody played for more than 30 frags until they disconnected.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:23:38 PM »

i was there today and played against a LOT of bots, also it was a map from quake 1 i think and nobody played for more than 30 frags until they disconnected.
Having such a high fraglimit is not fun, in my personal opinion. But the request above was made and I set it up so that he (and others) could try it out. Normally a fraglimit of 50, or maximum 100, is recommended for FFA (Free For All).

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »

But the request above was made and I set it up so that he (and others) could try it out. Normally a fraglimit of 50, or maximum 100, is recommended for FFA (Free For All).
yes, i know - just telling what i experienced. nothing wrong with different server setups Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: