Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainbow issue  (Read 6095 times)
WH173Ru5Tty
"OA is a crappy game, and should never have been made. "
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 05, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »

What is up with the rainbow servers?  I was playing the corkscrew mod, and I would rail someone, but nothing would happen.

<this sig was big and dumb>
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »

First, there seems to be a bug in OA, that if you press Mouse1+Mouse2 at the same time, usually that combination does nothing.
Secondly, the RAINBOW|rail is a railgun only modification, hence you need to aim a little better, especially if your ping is a bit higher.
If you want increased visibility (an no it's not a cheat) then go to the menu and turn off explosions and railtrails.
The bounding-box (hitarea) is exactly the same as in standard OA gameplay.
Other than that, there is nothing wrong with it. There are people playing there daily and I, nor any other in the crew, has heard any reported problems with that server.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

WH173Ru5Tty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 04:35:23 PM »

It's just annoying to shoot at someone who isn't even moving, have a trail go through them, and nothing after that.  Also, does OA have different netcode than quake 3?

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »

It's just annoying to shoot at someone who isn't even moving, have a trail go through them, and nothing after that.  Also, does OA have different netcode than quake 3?
Hard to say why you experienced the shot to go through them. Can you shoot anyone on that server or is it always the same thing?
Yes, OA has different netcode compared to Quake 3.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

WH173Ru5Tty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »

I randomly miss shots, that I am sure I got.  It feels broken compared to regular OA.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: