Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another GTK setup question.  (Read 5824 times)
steauengeglase
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 08, 2007, 03:12:28 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm really new to Open Arena mapping and I had a question. I'm running OA 0.7 and GTKRadiant 1.5.0 on Windows 2K. I've tried setting everything as other posts suggest (oa.game folder [and changes to the default_build_menu.xml file], oa.game file [under GTKR's games folder], and the shader list changes). So far Open Arena has yet to show up in the game list (Edit > Preferences > Global > Game). The part that really erks me is I have uninstalled and deleted GTKRadiant multiple times and the settings always go back to ones from the original install (at the time I was doing some RtCW:ET mapping). I've gone through and deleted the Application Data, but it still keeps coming back. Is there something obvious that I have missed or do I have to root around the registry and get rid of something?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:11:33 AM by steauengeglase » Logged
steauengeglase
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 11:28:19 PM »

I've been going over this one through out the day and here is what I've gotten since. First I started digging around the Radiant folder in Application Data. There was a folder called wolf.game. So I copied it, renamed the copy to oa.game and set everything up for OA. Then I changed global.pref so that everything pointed to OA. Note that this was after uninstalling Radiant and resetting all of the stuff in Radiant's game folder (and re-adding the oa.game folder). As soon as I restarted GTKRadiant reset everything back to the old wolf settings.

Just to make sure that I wasn't running some kind of modified version of Radiant, I clean everything out again, download and install another copy of GTKRadiant from http://www.qeradiant.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi. Same thing.

At this point I'm not in a good mood. So I uninstall GTKRadiant, clean everything out again in Program Files and Application Data, restart, backup the registry and delete or modify everything that has GTKRadiant related to it. I restart, douse a little holy water on my machine and reinstall the new copy of Radiant. It asks me to find the engine path for RTWC:ET again.

I huddled up in the corner and resisted all urges.

At this point I take it that I should assume that the problem is Windows 2000?
steauengeglase
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »

Apparently, I'm an idiot. After re-installing and reconfiguring everything about 60 times, it was just a simple problem with my oa.game file. I apologize to anyone who who read it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: