Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Even more GtkRadiant setup problems  (Read 6763 times)
chris_b
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: September 25, 2007, 08:34:50 AM »

I've almost figured out getting GtkRadiant working properly...but when I load oa_dm1.map there's still a number of "shader image missing" and "shader not found" placeholder images (in both the texture browser and on some objects in the 3d view).

Would it be possible to make a sticky thread in this forum with a clear step by step guide to setting up GtkRadiant (hopefully including a .zip of the the needed oa.game files, so all that needs to be changed is the path to the local OpenArena installation in the relevant files)?
steauengeglase
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:48:43 AM »

In the General forum, under "Open Arena Usefuls Links" or here:

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=213.0

Did you add the following to the shaderlist?

common
common2
oasky
oafx
beams
liquid_lavas
liquid_water
oalite
oaflares
oanew
oa_fogs
kaznexctf2
quark
el3dm1
evil8

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:50:18 AM by steauengeglase » Logged
chris_b
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:45:17 PM »

In the General forum, under "Open Arena Usefuls Links" or here:

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=213.0

Ah! didn't look in the General forum, I just came straight into this one. Anyway I'd already found that topic you linked to. But I think it's incorrect: it says enginepath_win32="C:\Program Files\OpenArena\baseoa" but that didn't work, so I used enginepath_win32="C:\Program Files\OpenArena\"

Did you add the following to the shaderlist?

Yes ("common" was already in the shaderlist, btw)...although come to think of it I did that before fixing the enginepath_win32 parameter...so that might be part of the problem?

Seeing as Radiant is GPL perhaps a preconfigured version specifically for OpenArena could be made available to download?
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:02:41 AM »

no

De@thByBl@st
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 02:27:40 PM »

Well, this is far from my first rodeo and I have yet to get the textures to show up as expected either, though I'm running 1.4 on Linux. I have tried various combinations of instructions to no avail.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: