Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash issue  (Read 6493 times)
Aries
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: October 02, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »

Love the game, but I am having an issue...

When I am playing the screen just shrinks... When this happens I can see my desktop and it looks very light in color and the resolution seems to be off... I am also locked out of the game and my computer is locked up so I have to restart the computer... I can still see  everything going on, but cant move and can't close the program... This happens totally at random as far as I can tell... Sometimes there is a lot of action, and sometimes nothing is going on...
When this first started happening I assumed it was the video card, so I went out and bought a really sweet card and put it in and it still does it... I built my computer from the ground up about a year ago with some of the best stuff on the market, so I don't think it's the computer... I have a friend that I built one for as well and he has the same setup as me and he never  has the problem... Should I try grabbing his open arena files and replacing them with mine or is there a patch out there somewhere? I'm a Ubuntu guy, and so is my buddy...

Any nifty fix it sudo commands out there?Huh Smiley

thanks
mondo1287
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 01:04:09 PM »

Try using memtest86 to see if you have something wrong with your ram.  If you get errors it could indicate a couple of things, either your sticks are bad, or the timings are not configured properly in your bios.  Here's a link where you can download a bootable iso: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso  I think the Ubuntu install cd's even have memtest86 built into the boot menu, I don't remember for sure.

Leave it running for at least a few hours, preferably over night and let us know if you get any errors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: