Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLVED: Yet another compile problem  (Read 11457 times)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« on: September 30, 2007, 06:25:58 AM »

Things went relatively smoothly when I tried to compile 0.7's source under kubuntu but after a few hickups with openal, libvorbis e.t.c I ran in to the following problem which I cannot seem to get around:
Code:
gcc -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wimplicit -Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -DUSE_OPENAL =1 -DUSE_CURL=1 -DUSE_CURL_DLOPEN=1 -DUSE_CODEC_VORBIS=1 -DUSE_SDL_VIDEO=1 -DUSE_SDL_SOUND=1 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -m32 -DUSE_LOCAL_HEADERS=1 -DNDEBUG -O3 -march=i586 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -funroll-loops -falign-loops=2 -falign-jumps=2 -falign-functions=2 -fstrength-reduce -MMD -fPI C -o build/release-linux-i386/baseq3/cgame/cg_consolecmds.o -c code/cgame/cg_consolecmds.c
In file included from code/cgame/cg_consolecmds.c:27:
code/cgame/../ui/ui_shared.h:30:30: error: ../../ui/menudef.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [build/release-linux-i386/baseq3/cgame/cg_consolecmds.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Games/OA'
make: *** [build_release] Error 2
Ideas anyone?

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:17:24 AM by w1zrd » Logged

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

daedulus
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:58:55 AM »

from the error it cant find ui/menudef.h

either it is missing or the makefile is wrong
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »

Try this:  http://openarena.ws/svn/source/ioq3-src-oa.tar.bz2

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:41:35 AM »

That was the one I used, but I'll give it another go and see where the 0's and 1's takes me this time..thanks in advance.

[update: re-downloaded the .tar and re-compiled, this time it went through without problems. However, I also downloaded from the latest svn, built pak-files from it and applied the 0.7.1 patch, but as it seems I am now not able to join any servers running, getting the standard 'invalid game folder' error. So, question is: is this always the case when building from svn, or is it some other conflict now causing this?
I can join servers running mods, i.e the ones not running straight from /baseoa. This would be how it looks like in the current folder:

I notice with this that there is no mature.pak (can't remember what number it usually has) but I didn't remove it so far, just wondering where it went Smiley ]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 03:51:30 AM by w1zrd » Logged

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 04:52:28 AM »

That was the one I used, but I'll give it another go and see where the 0's and 1's takes me this time..thanks in advance.

Actually it isn't.  The original tarball (the one that lei mirrored) was uploaded ~4:00 am or so and didn't include the ../ui/ file, the same as the 0.6 tarball, I realized that after getting some sleep, so I uploaded a somewhat cleaner source package that included the ../ui file.

However, I also downloaded from the latest svn, built pak-files from it and applied the 0.7.1 patch, but as it seems I am now not able to join any servers running, getting the standard 'invalid game folder' error. So, question is: is this always the case when building from svn, or is it some other conflict now causing this?

That will always be the case no matter which platform you choose.

I notice with this that there is no mature.pak (can't remember what number it usually has) but I didn't remove it so far, just wondering where it went Smiley

There is no mature-pak when using the *nix shell script, those models are included with the rest of the player models because those scripts are only useful for development purposes (example:  testing new shaders/textures/maps), using the windows script on a nix system includes a lot of files that aren't necessary. 

If you need and/or want the mature pack you can create a local.sh script that includes it (to avoid version issues by creating local changes to a script that may change on this end). Smiley

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 10:17:06 AM »

Extremely helpful and answered exactly what I was wondering, thanks a million for the help.

davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »

Actually it isn't.  The original tarball (the one that lei mirrored) was uploaded ~4:00 am or so and didn't include the ../ui/ file, the same as the 0.6 tarball, I realized that after getting some sleep, so I uploaded a somewhat cleaner source package that included the ../ui file.

For the purpose of making a package it would be nice to have a release that doesnt have a different md5 sum every day. Could you make a new release tarball?

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: