Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Railgun getting slower... and slower...  (Read 12863 times)
P0$t@L
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: October 05, 2007, 04:11:02 AM »

Hi, I'm having a little problem my railgun is getting slower and slower, so I have to download the game again to be able making some decent railgun shots.

After like 3 days of oa few hours a day my railgun is really getting slower... it takes almost half a second after I press the mouse button for it to shoot. Is it like some kinda of rule to prevent railgun camping or something or is it some kinda of error???

It gets kinda difficult when I have to aim with my railgun as I aim with my rocket launcher.

PLZ Help.
iLeft.bye

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:42:24 AM »

aim and fire
do not fire and pray
railgun has some delay between fires but it fires instantly, timing is important
aim : fire : wait : aim : fire : wait ....
mondo1287
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:19:10 AM »

If your ping time gets high, there will be a very noticeable delay from the time you press fire to when it actually fires.
P0$t@L
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:07:17 AM »

Don't worry I really do know how to fire a railgun... it's just that the time between pressing themouse button and the beam actually comming out of the barrel is getting longer, is it really because of the ping?... it is hard to find any good oa gamers as it is... with that included.... I'll be playing beginners(on a quest to stop saying noob) whole the time...
thx for help, I'll try to find some server not too distant from my location.
Cya at OA

to the makers: OA Rules, you made a really great job!
Kojiro_S
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

Har har har...

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »

That is indeed a ping issue. Try shooting a single machinegun shot to a nearby wall and you'll notice it also takes a moment before the bullet impacts.

*ROOOAAAR*
P0$t@L
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 07:17:47 AM »

Yup, i was standing like 3 feet away from wall when I shot my shotgun in to the wall, it took about half a second before I could see the effects on the wall :/ .... Imagine how it is to hit someone with railgun.... If I get some low ping servers I won't miss once.. Wink but on the majority....
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 07:33:07 AM »

where are you located and what's the lowest ping in your server browser?

just curious Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: