Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BUG] clientkick array is not properly filled  (Read 8571 times)
bugfiller
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: October 13, 2007, 09:41:57 AM »

Hi :-)

I found a little bug in OA v0.7.1 about clientkick, and I didn't find any post about it. In fact the array for clientkick begins from 1, but the client numbers from the server begins from 0, so to clientkick someone with the number 3 you must do "clientkick 4". If I remember well there wasn't the bug in v0.6
Airwolf
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:38:06 AM »

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but I thought it was necessary. I experienced something similar tonight, I don't know if it was exactly like this, but the point is: clientkick is not working properly.

There was this guy with an aimbot and cortex started callvote kicking him, but after the first time he got kicked came right back in and started changing his name to stuff like "asiudyha89sdg0aps8gdas3"  which made a name vote impossible since whenever cortex was able to write all that gibberish the cheater simply renamed similarly before the vote passed, or he even renamed to a duplicate of the name of another player sometimes. When cortex called for a clientkick vote and the vote passed I was the one kicked every time, though the number called was the correct one according to /serverstatus. With the apparent rise of aimbotters I feel the proper working of clientkick is VERY important or at least something similar or improved to help kick cheaters when the server admin is not around.

Hope this has already been solved on the under-development version or that it does get fixed before the next release. In fact it would be cool if you guys considered making something as powerful as clientkick but easier to use for newbies, so that even they can help punish cheaters or jerks. Cheers.

kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:27:28 AM »

:S
I think I've seen something like this happen, I assumed it was a display problem.
Yeah, this needs to be fixed.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:25:15 AM »

Does anyone have a reliable way to get the numbers out of sync... mine keeps working so I cannot test it.

EDIT:
Yes /serverstatus reports the wrong numbers but /status reports the correct ones. The vote menu in OAX that uses clientkick exclusively does also take the right numbers.

I am more interested if someone can find a way to corrupt /status or make the UI kick the wrong player. This is theoretically possible if you can corrupt the client's config string. Corrupted config strings was the reason bots sometimes thought they were on the opposite team.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:06:07 AM by sago007 » Logged

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Airwolf
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »

Does anyone have a reliable way to get the numbers out of sync... mine keeps working so I cannot test it.

EDIT:
Yes /serverstatus reports the wrong numbers but /status reports the correct ones. The vote menu in OAX that uses clientkick exclusively does also take the right numbers.

I am more interested if someone can find a way to corrupt /status or make the UI kick the wrong player. This is theoretically possible if you can corrupt the client's config string. Corrupted config strings was the reason bots sometimes thought they were on the opposite team.

Thx for your reply sago, I only understood like half of what you said :p but I'm happy just knowing you are aware of the problem, and yes its /serverstatus the one that fails I believe, not the actual /clientkick or /status, so this is a problem for non-admins, this also makes the "/tell" command fail ( big bad no-no Sad ) since you always get the wrong numbers, I play mostly online and I don't think I've seen /serverstatus work well enough even once, at least not in the client number aspect, the rest is probably fine. See ya, and thanks!
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »

I am more interested if someone can find a way to corrupt /status or make the UI kick the wrong player. This is theoretically possible if you can corrupt the client's config string.

There's an old q3 engine exploit for corrupting client INFOSTRING with byte injection to avoid a ban , so I guess there could be other related exploits which could use an INFOSTRING corruption
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: