Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maps where do I put them?  (Read 6670 times)
lennox
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: November 06, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »

Some of the maps I dont have that are on the servers.  When I download them, where do I put them at so they'll work in open arena?
3mpathiz3
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:22:12 PM »

are you talking about downloading a map from a webpage or the automatic downloading that happens when you join a game server?
lennox
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »

Downloading them from the openarena.ws webpage.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 01:07:42 AM »

Downloading them from the openarena.ws webpage.
Didn't know that we had maps there Smiley
I think it might be that you have navigated your way in to the SVN, which is not where you would find the maps as such.

By simply installing Open Arena in desired location you will have access to all the maps included in the package and ready for play, it automatically installs the maps in the correct location.

If you refer to third party maps (which are not officiall supported by Open Arena) you will need to locate these maps yourself and place them in your /baseoa directory. For instance take a look at DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Third_Party_Maps]Kinjada's List of working maps or the 100 map-pack I released as a .torrent here.

Alternatively you can also 'enable' downloads in the game and simply connect to a server that runs any custom maps / mods, it will then download it automagically, but do this on your own risk. Good luck with it..

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: