Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website design ;)  (Read 41488 times)
havok_pl
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: February 20, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »

What do you think about my design, I add more futuristic stuff Wink ?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:39:22 PM by havok_pl » Logged
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »

I like this design more than the current one. In my opinion it's an improvement and it's style suits the game better.

It seems a few of the boxes (help wanted, poll) on the current site are missing on your design as well as the search box.

In defeat we learn.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »

Cool. It's less glossy than the current one, and more clean. Replace the old logo with the new.

Do you have a .psd or an .xcf to share or can you make an e107 and smf theme yourself? Are all the assets (fonts, background) open source? (GPLv2 compliant would be the best.)

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
havok_pl
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »

I make all in Corel X4, all images is free or open source, sorry but I can code only to xhtml + css+ little flash If its needed
SourceFile: http://www.przeklej.pl/download/000a5n69jagh/1-rar   

I need some player renders because I use only screenshots! I tune few things on these project and I upload the new one!
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 01:42:51 PM »

I make all in Corel X4, all images is free or open source, sorry but I can code only to xhtml + css+ little flash If its needed

Great Smiley. Probably I could use the 30 days trial period to use the Corel sources, but when you finish it, could you export it into an .svg file? I can make the e107 and smf templates once you finish the design, it's not a problem.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 02:01:28 PM »

Don't mind my word-of-godness have an influence, but I still like this one best.

I think there's too MANY characters on the page.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
havok_pl
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »

Source file for CorelX4 :  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZD8AY9E1  package include fonts, *.cpt and *.psd becouse I cant export to svg itp. :/ All files is Yours now, only keep my sign on footer Wink !
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:23:35 AM by havok_pl » Logged
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 09:19:18 AM »

oh cool another nice theme. Pity it doesn't fit openarena in any way.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »

Hmm, that's not totally wrong lol, actually the top reminds me of some Vista background, or its aesthetic guidelines. But I like a few details, like the bar transparency, the little green arrow...

Todo: Walk the cat.
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »

I personally prefer Udi's dark blue design too, but this one has more modern look and feel, and I guess will attract more people.

The OA logo is outdated http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1748
havok_pl
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:24 PM »

thx, I fix logo (I don't like the new logo becouse is too fat for me), this game is old and looks oldschool new players expect better textures (HDR), more effects [...] ! I can make new textures but I need JPG or PNG. This game have potential but we must use it! Better look, better play and then you can start make money Wink
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »

The previous one was better. I had the same idea as Cacatoes, the top yellow light and polar lights effect is like Vista. I think it has more gloss and reflections than before, one of the main problems with the current design was the exact same glossy thing: it was said to be candy like. The snowy effect just makes it more like christmas cones.

OpenArena is a GPLv2, open source project based on the idTech3 engine. We won't add HDR lightning, we don't pursue money and we are infamous for ignoring pro players Smiley.

MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 08:08:57 PM »

I don't like the new logo becouse is too fat for me

I don't like both new one and old one Smiley

we are infamous for ignoring pro players Smiley.

It seems that all pro players left OA. All two of them (well maybe three).

steumoule aka sativa who played for french CTF clan S? and placed 2nd in CB EuroCup. I also saw some demos of him playing for team France iirc.

Another one is Gl!tch aka gzd.tabz. Gunzoids is a legendary Q3 CTF and TDM clan.

Also BiLE seemed to be suspicious, but I don't know his original nickname.
havok_pl
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 01:55:08 AM »

I try help because game is very nice but need more design support I think, its looks like 'geeks make game for geeks' its very ascetic, I see you dont want make this game more popular but why? You can do everything want you want with my design, its free. Do whatever you want!
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 02:37:56 AM »

i think that the design in this thread is more appealing than the current one. and someone said that the theme doesn't suit openarena's... what? openarena has no art direction whatsoever...

EDIT: after having thought it all over i think that this game needs more gargoyles and inflated breasts, it's just what this game needs. seriously.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:28:54 AM by pulchr » Logged
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »

I like the design alot...Well Done!

p.s. how come the forum page doesnt have a link back to the main openarena page? I should be able to click on the logo to go back to the main site?

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »

I like this theme cause it really look like new, maybe for the next open arena?  Smiley
I'm okay the ones who said that it's look like vista, maybe it needs to be more
"trash", I dunno...

I see you dont want make this game more popular but why?

Yeah why? Cause if more persons play open arena, more persons can participate
to the creation, more persons can be players! ^^
In the server search, there are not a lot of players...
                                      Sad

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »

There is another version of the site "under constuction"... you can read about it in this thread...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »

There is another version of the site "under constuction"... you can read about it in this thread...
Yeah, I know. I've already posted a comment on it.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: