Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: *Campers*  (Read 81707 times)
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »

--
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:37:49 PM by missbehaving » Logged
Cabb0
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 12:40:01 AM »

LOLZ my first CTF game in months not to mention new version , and i am called a camper. ( while slaughtering the 4 person team  (who was playing 2 people and 2 bots)  from diferent places on the map with every frag) i started down 3 to nothing and we won 7/6 in sudden death ( i know i know if i was so good we'd have won with them still having 3) but it was a fun game. i scored 111 points and got called a camping hacker at the end, and i was there for like half the time the 4 man team was.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 03:32:10 AM »

can i have your e-autograph?
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2008, 07:45:27 AM »

LOLZ my first CTF game in months not to mention new version , and i am called a camper. ( while slaughtering the 4 person team  (who was playing 2 people and 2 bots)  from diferent places on the map with every frag) i started down 3 to nothing and we won 7/6 in sudden death ( i know i know if i was so good we'd have won with them still having 3) but it was a fun game. i scored 111 points and got called a camping hacker at the end, and i was there for like half the time the 4 man team was.
your just too good mate Tongue

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2009, 07:42:50 AM »

CAMPING IS GOod, only do it for 3 seconds everytime u have to

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2009, 07:44:37 AM »

like.... stop, aim, shoot, go..

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2009, 07:50:10 AM »

I see no problem in camping... If you are camping at enemy base Cheesy.

Camping is just lame kind of play. Every FPS has it's own lame tactic. That tactics can look good to noobs, but campers can't do anything against good players. And when camping you miss all the fun :p. I like to do humiliation on campers.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

... Am I in desert? ...
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2009, 08:49:54 AM »

I like to do humiliation on campers.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.
Me too. Cheesy

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2009, 07:54:56 PM »

who wants to camp should play camperstrike and not oa.
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2009, 04:05:09 AM »

Some think rail is invented for campers... I say rail is invented for instagib and for nice aiming. Like when you are flying, opponent is flying with your flag and you shoot him down. Only problems that on instagib people always camp at their base. Some games detect campers by themself, and than write "playersname is camper" or just kill him. Or kick from server.

Is it possible to add b3 (bigbrother) to OA? It's bot which can control some server and do what is said to him. Like kicking for misbehaving, for team killing (depends on friendly fire),  camping, inactivity, and can say some things (like "visit our page at openarena.ws").

... Am I in desert? ...
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2009, 05:57:11 AM »

Camping is good for OA.
Think about it.....
Oa is fast paced and for a Noob almost impossible to play.
By camping noobs feel they are contributing to the game.
Eventually they learn to be better and stop camping.
Then you have another convert to the game.
How many on here can honestly say they didn't camp when the first started?

yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 06:18:16 AM »

Camping is good for OA.
Think about it.....

I never camped. I think that's because i can't aim very good, so all my frags are from small distance, mostly few rockets which damage you when they hit ground near you. And sometimes plasma gun where every 10th bullet hits target. I am still noob, but i don't camp.

... Am I in desert? ...
Rose Wine
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 07:49:03 AM »

In instagib at lest you can defend yourself, the camper has the rail and you has the rail, both are in the same situation. The problem is when the rail is far, as zumz said, then a good railer camping can ruin the game. Anyway I don't see a problem if all the campers meets in a server (maybe rofl instagib Smiley ) and leave all the others in peace.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 08:21:59 AM »

camping can be usefull, dont do it too much, just think, very long ranges, think u can rail some with standing still? I do it's to stop flag carriers, and long range threats, thats what camiping is for, dont call me a camper, but.... every one will camp at least 4 tmes, in a match, for a few seconds.... i think

>U.A.C<union aerospace corp.
Nub

Cakes 0

U.A.C is the future of the planet mars

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2009, 07:46:07 AM »

Le monde se divise en deux categories: les courageux, ceux qui savent faire face aux ennemis les plus coriaces avec determination et
ceux qui restent planque a ne rien foutre en attendant la victoire au detriment de l esprit d equipe: les CAMpers!!
Mais ce ne sont ni des parasites, ni d espions :cool: plutot un genre de personne qui veulent etre sur le champ de bataille;sans pour autant "sacrifier" sa propre virtuelle vie, pour capturer des foutus flags. Il faut leur dire encore et encore, que ce n est jeu pour le fun;mais paix a leur ames quand ils se retrouveront outside the arenapour la simple et bonne raison:WE DIDNT NEED CAMPERS!!!

Do you want live on mars??
vote U.A.C

UNION AEROSPACE CORP.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2009, 09:04:07 AM »

Camping is good for OA.
Think about it.....

I always found camping quite boring. Waiting for someone to come so you can frag them is wack; Why not, just go and frag them for yourself. I do agree with you on new players not able to compete so they fallback and defend but it can lead to bad habits.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
sittingduck
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2009, 11:17:35 AM »

The only thing worse than campers is people whining about campers.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »

Railing while moving or jumping rules more than railing while being quiet and steady as a statue...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
HITMAN

Cakes 6

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »

The only thing worse than campers is people whining about campers.

I have one better.
Whats worst that people whinning about campers?

People whinning about camper in game, while the flag is loose and right next to them....that really ticks me off :-/ shut up and pick up the damn flag

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2009, 12:17:03 PM »

I have another worse too... except when someone is as spectator and the only exceptions are GL/HF, GG, N1, etc.

What's worst than whinning about camper in game, while the flag is loose and right next to them? People who chats ingame.

RAZ3R
Bigger member

Cakes 0

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »

You have a problem with chatting in game? It's just being social and enjoying yourself.

HITMAN

Cakes 6

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2009, 02:40:01 PM »

You have a problem with chatting in game? It's just being social and enjoying yourself.

Looked like he touched a nerve..U a in-game chatter, Razer Tongue ?

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »

The problem with chatting ingame (outside of the game is another deal) is that it interrupts all the action and makes you an easy victim. Isn't for nothing that there're the infamous "talk-killers", "chat-killers", I don't know what the exact name is. I guess that it is forbidden in competitions like WCG, ESWC, I don't know.

I mean, a commentary once by some time is good, but using the server as a merely chat server... no... I don't think so...

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »

if you stop to type in a game it's really your fault if people shoot at you. and if you feel that you have to talk for a long time just switch to spectator mode.

i don't attack player with the chat bubble (unless they carry the flag). imo people chatting while playing is fun.

however, what i do not like is that the chat disappears so quick, i often bring down the console to read what people said, and it goes up very quick among all the blah blab killed blah blah... question: how do i move the chat replies away from the other info so i get more time and can read more lines at the same time (just as in team chat). those commands i'd like to know Smiley
RAZ3R
Bigger member

Cakes 0

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2009, 06:08:40 PM »

pulchr:
cg_teamChatHeight "5" //up to 5 lines of text disaplyed
cg_teamChatTime "20000"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: