Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Give on spawn in  (Read 8046 times)
Dave
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 30, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »

Hi, I'm trying to use this tutorial (quoted below) and there is a part I'm not understanding.  It says "Select one of the "give on spawn in" entities.   I'm unclear of exactly what that is.  I'm attempting to make it were you spawn with the rail gun. 

I added a target_give entity and selected it, the  spawn entity and the rail gun and linked them with CTRL+K, but nothing happens.  Of course I believe I linked three together as it seemed logical (spawn, rail, and target_give) even though it says link two.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Making a "Rocket Arena" style map
1. Create all the entities you want the player to spawn with when he enters the arena, and make sure they are somewhere within the enclosed space of the map.
2. Add a "target_give" entity somewhere in the world.
3. Create all the spawn spots you want to be in your map.
4. Select the "target_give" entity.
5. Select one of the "give on spawn in" entities.
6. Hit Ctrl-K in the editor to link the two items together.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until the target_give is linked to all the entities you wish the player to spawn into the world with.
8. Select a spawn spot
Select the target_give entity
Hit Ctrl-K in the editor to link the two entities together.
Repeat steps 8 through 10 until all the spawn spots are linked to the target_give entity.
Compile the map
Set g_gametype to tournament mode and set fraglimit of 1.
Get a bunch of your friends to connect into your server and have fun playing a "Rocket Arena" style game =)

An alternate use of target_give is how I used it in q3dm10 to create the "power tube" that gives you health and armour. The tube has a trigger_multiple with a wait of 0.5, linked to a target_give which is linked to a small health and an armour shard.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:24 AM »

i've never done it, but as you always spawn with the shotgun on ctf4ish you might be able to see there how it is done
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 06:06:15 AM »

I used this in my CTF map as well.

It works like this:
Spawn (or Trigger Multiple) --> TARGET_GIVE --> ITEM

Select your spawn first, then target_give entity and press CTRL+K.
Next deselect everything, select target_give entity, then select the item you like to give and press CTRL+K again.

That's all.

This might help a lot: http://mapping.powered.cz/q3entities/

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »

I used this in my CTF map as well.

It works like this:
Spawn (or Trigger Multiple) --> TARGET_GIVE --> ITEM

Select your spawn first, then target_give entity and press CTRL+K.
Next deselect everything, select target_give entity, then select the item you like to give and press CTRL+K again.

That's all.

This might help a lot: http://mapping.powered.cz/q3entities/
I have problems with target_multiple as when I select the brush where I want it, the whole brush simply disappears when I select 'target_multiple', wrong order?

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:28:21 AM »

all triggers are "invisible" if you want your trigger to be visible you have to duplicate the brush work and make sure that the duplicated brush work is not a trigger.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: