Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sluggish gameplay on windows...  (Read 6298 times)
Polygon
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: December 05, 2007, 07:43:27 AM »

Ok, So i tried OA on ubuntu, but the combination of weird ati drivers, crackly sounds and other stuff made me want to try it on windows...since ati actually has good drivers for windows, it should run fine, right?

Well i just opened up a single player game with only 3 bots and the gameplay is really sluggish. I did /cg_drawfps 1 and my fps ranges from 10 to 40, depending on whats going on at the screen.

Now....if i can play a MUCH more intensive game such as team fortress 2 or half life 2 deathmatch with steady frame rates of around 30, why is this game dropping below 20? My computer isnt the most recent, but again i play much more graphically intensive games with better frame rates i then the ones im getting in OA

I haven't changed any of the gfx settings besides setting my resolution to 1024x768

amd althon xp 2.1 ghz
ati radeon 9800 128 mb
1 gig ram

Any ideas?
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:00:44 AM »

Quote from: Open Arena wiki

What are the system requirements?

These are the minimum:

* Pentium II 233MHz / AMD K6-2 300MHz or equally powerful processor
    * 64MB of system memory
    * OpenGL supported video card with 16MB of video memory. (Voodoo Banshee, TNT and up)
    * 300MB of hard drive space

The game in theory can run on Pentium 100's with a Voodoo2, but don't expect much performance over 20fps and the loading time to be less than a minute.
So check your videocard drivers, antivirus/firewalls if that is conflicting somehow...possibly reinstall openal and make sure r_bloom is set to 0.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: