Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Map Editing  (Read 8906 times)
grom358
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: December 11, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »

I was trying to setup GTK Radiant to edit the map files in SVN. On the startup screen I picked quake 3 and pointed it to the openarena folder. Then loaded a map. I could see the map but with no textures. It has "No Shader" on all the surfaces.

How do you go about setting up GTK Radiant for editing the map files for OpenArena?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:19:20 AM »

You mean... this ? : (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/DeveloperFAQ#How_do_I_setup_GtkRadiant_for_OpenArena.3F

Todo: Walk the cat.
Phrostie
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

i noticed there is an export option for Q3 .maps in blender.  is there an import for them also?
kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 01:05:33 AM »

i noticed there is an export option for Q3 .maps in blender.  is there an import for them also?

The export .map for Blender sucks really, everything is dis-positioned. Don't really bother with it. Instead, try exporting to .ase and importing with the misc_model entity.

I haven't heard of a direct .map import, though I know you can decompile a bsp into an .ase, which you could then import into Blender.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »

GtkRadiant has a plugin that allows you to export your entire map to the .obj format. Really useful. Smiley
kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »

GtkRadiant has a plugin that allows you to export your entire map to the .obj format. Really useful. Smiley

Where can you find that?
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 01:57:17 AM »

I wasn't able to find the plugin by itself.

But I got it from this website(It's in Dutch, so you may want to translate it, Google does a good job.):
http://blog.open-design.nl/2007/08/29/gtkradiant-openarena/

And here's the direct link to the GtkRadiant package:
http://www.smartzenegger.nl/files/math/files/gtkradiant1.5-oa.game-data.tar.gz
Joshua
Half-Nub

Cakes 5

Loves OpenArena!

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 12:56:24 AM »

Also, if you have GtkRadiant installed you can already export your map to the .ASE format and import that into any modeling program (Blender included).

The process uses Q3Map2 (installed with GtkRadiant) and a few commands. Here is the Wikibook Entry.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: