Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished a new skin for Arachna - download included!  (Read 30032 times)
Wayuki
VIP
Nub

Cakes 14

« on: June 17, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »

Yup, what the title says.  Cheesy
I've been working on this skin on and off for the past few weeks, I finally finished it today.

Download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2167961/skn-arachna-forlorna.zip

Just unzip and copy the .pk3 file into your OpenArena\baseoa folder! PSD files are included as well.

And here's a preview picture:

On a side note, I meant to get ingame shots as well, but for some reason, the screenshot option in OpenArena isn't working for me. I know I'm supposed to press F11, and that it should create a folder named "screenshots" inside the baseoa folder, but nothing is created. The game does indicate it's writing the screenshot. I've even tried a Windows search for the file name, thinking that perhaps the screenshots were somehow written to some temp folder, but to no avail. Any ideas?
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:55:56 AM »

Excellent job! She looks absolutely gorgeous in-game too: 1, 2, 3, 4. I would give you more than one cake, but there's a timelimit Sad.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »

Screenshots and config should be in your application data -> openarena folder

also YAY!!!! finally a properly skinned spider for arachna! \o/

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »

Looks amazing!

There are nothing offending in my posts.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »

very good looking skin! well done! Smiley
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »

Looks awesome. Nice job.

In defeat we learn.
Wayuki
VIP
Nub

Cakes 14

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 05:44:46 PM »

Glad you guys like her!  Cheesy

Thanks for the screenshots, Udi. Much appreciated.  Grin

Also, fromhell, thanks for the tip. I totally missed it! I figured it would work just like in Quake 3.  Cheesy
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »

:drool:

Awesome work, Wayuki!

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
.Luke
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »

I'm drooling over here too! I can only imagine what inspired it, because I love the designs on the dress's decorations. ^^ Something tells me you don't find a spider elf princess in fantasy-fiction novels very often; really unique!

Any chance of this being included officially as an extra skin in later OA releases? (Unless it deviates too much from the original design?) I mean, Angelyss has like eight skins to herself as it is, if you include the team skins. =P Either way, I am totally going to be using Arachna a lot now because of this, nice skin-work Wayuki. ^_^

|
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »

Wayuki, what's about making this skin "official"?
You should post it into the SVN commit thread
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1945.0

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 06:01:21 AM »

Any chance of this being included officially as an extra skin in later OA releases? (Unless it deviates too much from the original design?) I mean, Angelyss has like eight skins to herself as it is, if you include the team skins. =P Either way, I am totally going to be using Arachna a lot now because of this, nice skin-work Wayuki. ^_^
This answers your post:

OA's inclusion policy is to accept what's sent to the SVN Commits thread, as long as it respects the development rules.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 07:51:06 AM »

Little late it saying this ,first time i saw this thread and the skin, But better late than never so WOW just WOW that is a nice skin great job.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 02:22:08 AM »

On a side note, I meant to get ingame shots as well, but for some reason, the screenshot option in OpenArena isn't working for me. I know I'm supposed to press F11, and that it should create a folder named "screenshots" inside the baseoa folder, but nothing is created. The game does indicate it's writing the screenshot. I've even tried a Windows search for the file name, thinking that perhaps the screenshots were somehow written to some temp folder, but to no avail. Any ideas?
For the path, take a look to this: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Configuration_files_and_automatic_downloaded_files_path

And I would suggest a thing:
By default F11 key uses the "screenshot" command, which saves in .TGA format, that is not very practical for today's general use... I would suggest you to bind the "screenshotJPEG" command to a key. Use the console, and type "/bind F12 screenshotjpeg"... you you will capture a screenshot in JPG format when later pressing F12 key. Of course, you can use the key you wish, instead of F12.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »

LiKE F11 Grin
Wayuki
VIP
Nub

Cakes 14

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »

I was completely unaware of this thread! I have posted my skin in there now as well.  Smiley

Anyways, thanks for the comments! I'm glad you guys like her.  Cheesy
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 04:42:48 AM »

YAY!

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 07:09:37 AM »

Well, in case of a 0.9.0 (if we could get texture replacement completed), I suppose she should be in.
For OA3, instead, I suppose Fromhell will want to redo also the Arachna model, following the "three-sections" standard this time, and so also the skins would need to be fixed or redone.
At the moment, in the OA3List page:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OA3List#Female
the Arachna model is at 0% completion.

Anyway, I suppose you may work more closely with Fromhell, when FH will work on the OA3 version of Arachna.

Wayuki
VIP
Nub

Cakes 14

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »

Considering that Fromhell is completely redoing the models, I expect this skin will not be salvageble. It would have to be redone from scratch at that point. Not to mention, the art direction would be entirely different.

That said, there's so much stuff to be redone, I expect OA3 will be a couple of years away! So in the mean time, this skin will be totally valid still.  Grin
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »

Well, you might want to ask fromhell about the OA3 models so you can start with the collab anyway. Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »

Congrats, Wayuki. Forlorna has been committed. ^^

http://www.mancubus.net/svn/openarena/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: