Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with /V/ile's server  (Read 6420 times)
Crash!!!
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

hehe...I draw and play

« on: December 23, 2007, 08:48:32 PM »

ok every now and then we get this type of lag when the action gets really good. Can there be another way of not getting this lag other than lowering the amount of clients?
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 04:24:33 AM »

ok every now and then we get this type of lag when the action gets really good. Can there be another way of not getting this lag other than lowering the amount of clients?
I spoke to Vile sometime ago in regards to his servers, one of the things that cause this lag is that it runs on Windows, if it still is the same setup, and that com_hunkMegs needs to be increased, so as with server bandwidth optimization through sv_maxrates and server snapshots.
Vile did say that he would contact me if problems arose again, but haven't heard anything since so I assumed it was ok.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:13:19 AM »

What's interesting is that since i've played on Vile's server, I never seen my ping that high like its being shown on that snapshot. Not once! I always range 60-100. 80% percent of the time, i have no problems with lag.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
steauengeglase
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:57:42 AM »

Really, I'll get them as 700 on Hydronex. It isn't like it was though, whatever changes were made are for the better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: