Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Couldn't Load Map error  (Read 14973 times)
High_Yield
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 11, 2008, 04:29:14 PM »

Hi all-

I usually play on the BRUTAL main server but they put in a new Threewave map pack the other day I cannot join a game when any of the "Q3WCP?" maps are running.  Note, all other old maps are playing fine, Hydronex , etc...

I put the Q3WPAK1 file in the baseoa folder, with the rest of the map paks.  Do I need to put it somewhere else ?

The exact error is : "Couldn't Load MAPS/Q3WCP1.BSP"

And yes, I have downladed the pak file(what I believe to be the pak file) and I open the zip and see all the maps, textures, etc...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks - B
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:38:02 PM by High_Yield » Logged
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »

Hi all-

I usually play on the BRUTAL main server but they put in a new Threewave map pack the other day I cannot join a game when any of the "Q3WCP?" maps are running.  Note, all other old maps are playing fine, Hydronex , etc...

I put the Q3WPAK1 file in the baseoa folder, with the rest of the map paks.  Do I need to put it somewhere else ?

The exact error is : "Couldn't Load MAPS/Q3WCP1.BSP"

And yes, I have downladed the pak file(what I believe to be the pak file) and I open the zip and see all the maps, textures, etc...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks - B
Easiest way is to enable auto-downloads, do this in the 'game options menu' or type (cl_allowdownload 1) in the console.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

High_Yield
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:36:11 PM »

Shees-

I must have tried that 100 times with old Quake 2, 3, etcc and it never seemed to work with mods.
Always had to load them myself.

Regardless - this DID work - thanks much.

- B
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

Shees-

I must have tried that 100 times with old Quake 2, 3, etcc and it never seemed to work with mods.
Always had to load them myself.

Regardless - this DID work - thanks much.

- B
Correct, most Q2/Q3 servers does not allow for maps to be downloaded through servers since it's consuming lots of bandwidth, but there are a few servers around here that fortunatly allows it.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: