Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problems when joining games  (Read 10505 times)
aantipop
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« on: February 14, 2008, 01:42:31 AM »

i wiped out my kubuntu installation in favor of archlinux.. i dont regret (yet), then i installed openarena from the aur (arch user repo), added my backed up maps, mods and config from my old .openarena folder and everything is fine. but i got one small problem: everytime i want to enter a multiplayer game it takes up to 30 seconds to connect..it does not matter which server i choose..and you know 30 seconds is a long time when youre used to join immediatly Tongue .. once in game my ping is normal and i dont see any connection problems. i tried to mess with arch's network settings, but i couldnt solve the problem.
(im using dhcp)

edit: here is the ouput from terminal:
http://pastebin.ca/904363
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:02:03 PM by aantipop » Logged
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »

i wiped out my kubuntu installation in favor of archlinux.. i dont regret (yet), then i installed openarena from the aur (arch user repo), added my backed up maps, mods and config from my old .openarena folder and everything is fine. but i got one small problem: everytime i want to enter a multiplayer game it takes up to 30 seconds to connect..it does not matter which server i choose..and you know 30 seconds is a long time when youre used to join immediatly Tongue .. once in game my ping is normal and i dont see any connection problems. i tried to mess with arch's network settings, but i couldnt solve the problem.
(im using dhcp)

edit: here is the ouput from terminal:
http://pastebin.ca/904363
438-440

#
Resolving update.quake3arena.com
#
update.quake3arena.com resolved to 192.246.40.56:27951
#
83.98.163.193:27961 resolved to 83.98.163.193:27961

remove unwanted sv_master entries in your q3config.cfg and you'll have quicker responses, now it waits for q3 master server to timeout it's respons and replies with:

#
Couldn't resolve address
#
Resolving
#
Couldn't resolve address
#
Unwanted challenge response received.  Ignored.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

aantipop
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 01:32:11 AM »

sv_master does not exist. sv_master2 (-5) exist, but are empty. if i add 64.22.107.125 to one of these or create sv_master with this number, it has no effect to my problem.

im pretty sura that my arch linux network configurations are somehow wrong, since exactly the same config worked on kubuntu (same hardware/router/provider Smiley )

reinstalling curl did not help..

i tried to google , but no success for me. will post at arch forums maybe Sad

aantipop
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 01:47:22 AM »

solved by reinstalling dhcpcd, whatever this is Wink
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:38:15 AM »

solved by reinstalling dhcpcd, whatever this is Wink
it is eh..networky thingy with that net thing on the thing in the thing....eh...like...so....whatever...like...like yeah, like....

Glad it works mate, see you later on irc, have a song you should try Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:05:16 AM »

Maybe it was a problem with your internet connection badly set up, using wrong DNS servers (DHCP helps in setting these up), but it's surprising ...

Todo: Walk the cat.
aantipop
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:41:11 PM »

i think i did a misconfiguration in the dhcpcd (which is the deamon) file. setting up the system only by text-files is new to me. but i kinda like it Smiley

deleting it as suggested on archlinux forums killed my internet-connection. had to copy the package back from the cd and to reinstall it. tada everything is as it should be Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: