Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can't run map (Requested feature was omitted at compile time)  (Read 17957 times)
swierkdeck
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 20, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »

Hi guys,
i can't run my maps, because i get "Requested feature was omitted at compile time" error. I type ingame console "\map my_map", then openarena quits into console and i can see this !@#$%^ error. Could anybody help me?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:08:12 PM by swierkdeck » Logged
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:13:37 AM »

Hi guys,
i can't run my maps, because i get "Requested feature was omitted at compile time" error. I type ingame console "\map my_map", then openarena quits into console and i can see this !@#$%^ error. Could anybody help me?
First you need to make sure that you don't have any messed up brushes in your map, secondly you need to run it with sv_pure 0.
If there is still no luck with that, make sure you are using the right compile option, then pack the .bsp to a .pk3 and manually start it that way to see if it resolves the issue.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

swierkdeck
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:06:44 AM »

First, i compile my map by this option:

Then i pack .bsp file into pk3:

Finally, i run my map by typing in console "\map oa_small_dm" and i got !@#$%^ error:

I was doing maps for Warsow (www.warsow.net) by this method and they were playable.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »

I am no expert in the field but it seems like a memory leak somewhere.
Have you tried increasing com_hunkmegs?
Have you tried if you get the same error in a final compile or even a single bsp compile without .aas?

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

swierkdeck
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »

I increased com_hunkmegs fron 64 to 256 and it still doesn't work.
I'll try to build another map.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »

Requested feature was omitted at compile time

1. After compiling & pak'ing, I'll go to select the map ingame, but get booted to desktop with a console error:

"----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
---------------------------
Requested feature was omitted at compile time"

I'm not sure what request they mean, as i did a full vis & light extra.

2. Also, the q3map.exe always has to close during the -vis due to an error. Then it goes on with the -light. This happened with a previous map I made, and I had no problems with it from its pk3.

3. Whats the significance of the .prt file to the .bsp? Does this need to be done before vis/light? (Is it included?) As i've noticed, it's not there after doing the vis/light.

I'm using gtkRadiant 1.1 with xp. [psion]

A : 1. This problem occurs if you're using a jpg saved with progressive encoding as your levelshot. Use standard encoding instead. [Anwulf]

2. Found the nightly build (of gtk) is doing the trick. Wasn't aware it was a vis crash bug. [psion]

3. The .prt file contains the portal information which you'd use in conjunction with the portal viewer plugin. Unless you add a compile option to your projects file with the -saveprt switch, the .prt file is automatically deleted. [Anwulf]

Taken from www.katsbits.com
Taiyo.uk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »

I had this problem in Tremulous once. The reason was that some of my JPEG textures were encoded using progressive encoding. Try using baseline JPEGs.
swierkdeck
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »

OMG, i converted my levelshot into bmp and it works! Thx for everything!
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 01:34:32 PM »

Wouldn't recommend using .bmp they have no compression and take up a lot of space.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: