Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crosshaircolor  (Read 7555 times)
Derity
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 26, 2008, 03:27:35 PM »

any idea how i can change my crosshaircolor? i have problems on bright maps especially with very white ones to see it.
the color is set to white (7)
and cg_crosshaircolor x doesnt work.
maybe this feature can be added to the next version...
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 03:39:43 AM »

yes - that would be nice

a crosshair with inverted colours so the crosshair doesn't block my view Cheesy
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 07:16:04 AM »

glBlendFunc(GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR, GL_ZERO);

A shader definition like this might work, but I don't know how to get the game to load it
Code:
gfx/2d/crosshairc
{
  nopicmip
  {
    map gfx/2d/crosshairc.tga
    blendFunc GL_ONE_MINUS_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
    rgbGen identity
  }
}
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:02:15 AM by andrewj » Logged
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:02:22 AM »

Thank you andrew Cheesy very kind of you to spend your time to support a fix for this bug.

I used to play with vertex lighting but all it takes is something simple such as bright models and a crosshair then it makes the world of difference. You can lower your gamma and use the superior lightmap mode and truly appreciate the awesome maps that many people have spent much time and effort to create. Not only do white textures create a problem for white crosshairs, any light textures will affect visability.

I dont even care even if I can't switch colors to suit, I find  a nice bright green one perfect on all maps Smiley

andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »

Thank you andrew Cheesy very kind of you to spend your time to support a fix for this bug.
My shader didn't work too well (it needed an "alphaFunc GT0" in there too), but generally it is the gamma correction that really kills the effect.

Using a colored cursor (like bright green or purple) is a good idea.  Now gotta figure out how to turn off the "pulse" effect when you pick stuff up....
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 09:35:58 PM »

These are my settings but its strange, if i set the size too small or big you kinda get a blur effect rather than a a bright spot. Changing the size from 25 - 29 usually is ok but I guess resolution might affect it. I'm a beginner though Cheesy

seta cg_crosshairColor "2"
seta cg_drawCrosshair "5"
seta cg_crosshairSize "26"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: