Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA Messing With Other Games  (Read 5656 times)
MrPanda12
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 19, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »

So I've just recently downloaded the Open Arean windows.exe file and started playing the game on my Windows XP. I love the game and find it incredibly addicting. Unfortunately, I have also found that upon loading World Of Warcraft, the screen starts to flicker and my action bars have lines that shoot across them. This never happened until I installed OA. Could someone tell me what might be happening?  My goal is to keep both games, but if all else fails OA is going to go. The only thing that has fixed it is restarting my computer, but as soon as I load OA again then the problem comes back. Any advice is appriciated. Thanks Smiley

-MrPanda

- MrPanda
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 04:22:59 AM »

Sounds like one game is trying to triple-buffer while the other isn't. In theory, anyway. I never play WoW myself so I can't do this from my end so see if you can disable any triple buffer option in WoW.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:16:19 AM »

I have WoW BC 2.4.2 and OA 0.7.7. and tested the problem, but I didn't encountered any graphical problems in WoW and OA. I don't know what is triple-buffer mean, but in my computer they work without any graphical glitch caused by the other one. Also I gave a copy of OA to one of my friend who has WoW, too, and AFAIK he didn't encountered any glitch in WoW that was created by OA.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:20:08 AM by Graion Dilach » Logged

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: