Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: about the guidelines for people who want to put forth things to the project  (Read 9875 times)
Crash!!!
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

hehe...I draw and play

« on: March 02, 2008, 12:38:46 PM »

well I've been seeing a recent trend of alot of people wanting to donate their work to OA but their hasn't been any guidelines anywhere! well how the heck do we know whether what we want to donate coincide with this project. Well first thing I want to clear out is can somebody answer what is the art direction of this thing (I read somewhere kinda anime style but alot of the CHARACTERS DONT MATCH THIS DIRECTION(ACTUALLY ALMOST ALL OF THEM). Also more importantly for me is what is the music direction (read somewhere it was something like a dark trance/techno style)...kinda weird for a violent game like this Smiley) Oh also since the project did have to deal with the evilair texture audit what do you want us to save this in ? the GIMP binary? also what if it is a single laired graphic where can youu show that you authored it (example lets say I took a picture of a brick wall how can I prove it was my picture not theirs? Also well most importantly what tracker format do you want us to save the music in. (Hopefully this clears alot of the things that has been blocking this project from going full-steam Smiley
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:54:44 PM »

Also what does "emphasis on quality" mean?  Does that mean photo-realistic textures?  Complete scratch?  Maps from people that say "OA isn't shit?"

All of these questions need to be answered by the leader, preferably in a timely manner.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »

Seen Angelyss and Sergei models? Seen the oa_dm3 map? If that's not 'quality' then I don't know what is. OA has other stuff that doesn't meet up with this.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 03:13:22 PM »

Was that so hard?  Now answer the rest of the questions without the snark.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:10:03 PM »

Was that so hard?  Now answer the rest of the questions without the snark.

Lose yours, first.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Crash!!!
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

hehe...I draw and play

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 05:20:15 PM »

woah guys chill out... B-) I just want some answers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: