Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouse Sensitivity Exporter  (Read 5641 times)
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« on: May 02, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »

Hi there Smiley

I've heard that some gamers had their sensitivity been changed between v0.7.1 and the new OA release v0.7.6, so i thought I could release a little program I used for my own sensitivity problems (I used it to export from Windows to Linux).

Use it when:
    * you want to have the same sensitivity in several games.
    * you want to have the same sensitivity on different OS.
    * you change your mouse.
    * you want to be sure to keep a backup of your sensitivity.
    * you change your whole computer.
    * in a lan game, to be sure to have the same sensitivity in a lan / tourney game then at home.

It's called Mouse Sensitivity Exporter, and you can find it at:

http://mousesensexport.sourceforge.net/

The way it works is simple: it moves the mouse for you on your initial computer A, you write down how many turns/degrees you do, then repeat the tests on new computer B

A complete tutorial is included. Currently it only works on Windows and Linux, I didn't find a way for MacOSX, but if people really need it I can look further.

Don't forget to feedback if you find a bug, or just to say it's a cool utility :-)
RAZ3R
Bigger member

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 08:27:33 PM »

Thanks for releasing this program, however the problem people have been having with the new update isn't that the mouse sensitivity changes (although it does), but that the mouse "feel" changes, so even if you change your sensitivity in the new update so that it's the same as in the old version, the mouse will still feel different (e.g. the mouse decelerates when moving quickly, or other unexpected things).

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:41:44 AM »

Yes I've read further and it's true my program can't solve this type of problem, but it can help to get the nearest sensitivity nevertheless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: