Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ability to turn off / disable mature (topless) model characters?  (Read 10391 times)
n0de
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: May 01, 2008, 11:54:26 AM »

I would love to run Open Arena on my school network, but with the 'explicit' model characters (ie Angelyss) I couldn't possibly show this to minors.

Is there a way to disable these very revealing characters, so children can play with normal (clothed) characters.

Any sort of answer (hack, mod, command etc) would be appreciated!

n0de
qubodup
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:59 PM »

Slaughtering is okay of course. Be careful not to get sued.

I suppose you could just delete pak2-players-mature.pk3 in baseoa/

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »

I suppose you could just delete pak2-players-mature.pk3 in baseoa/

Yes

OA isn't for children anyway since the bots sometimes swear and stuff. I should do something about that

p.s. arachna is the only topless model, the others are relatively fairly clothed heh

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:09:11 PM »

Yea, and just in case your pk3 arent recognised as archives you can rename it from .pk3 to .zip and change it back. Or associate all pk3 files as archives
n0de
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:50:21 PM »

Thanks everyone, great help! I did try removing files here and there, but I'll give that suggestion a go!

Funny enough, I've just found my answer in the README at the bottom, but with:

===I don't like Angelyss and Arachna! Too much!!!===

You can remove pak2-players-mature.pk3 from your baseoa directory. Be warned though, you won't be able to join pure servers without using this pk3 file.

What is the extent of 'you won't be able to join pure servers' ? I had just planned to be using OA on LAN and thats it.

Thanks again,

n0de
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 05:26:01 PM »

What is the extent of 'you won't be able to join pure servers' ? I had just planned to be using OA on LAN and thats it.

Pure Servers have checks for loaded PK3s in use by server. It won't let clients connect if
1. they don't have the PK3 file the server uses
2. their pk3 files are different than the server

It also causes any additional pk3s that clients have but servers don't to not load, to make games more fair and prevent cheats like fullbright players.

Another thing to note is that automatic downloading can be enabled, and one could connect to a pure server on the internet running a game using the mature pk3, and it would auto download it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:27:32 PM by leilol » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Lemonzest
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 06:28:37 AM »

Blowing people into bloody chunks with powerfull weapons is ok, but OMFGWTFBBQ if we see a boob? THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH AMERICA Sad
iLeft.bye

Cakes 1

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »

lol you play games at school but you are scared of mature content. maybe someone should make a catholic mod for oa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: