Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UI Feature Request  (Read 6868 times)
escapedturkey
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 19, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »

We need it so when a player connects via the OA client, and the server has download (redirect) enabled, instead of just doing nothing with an error, it does the following:

UI pops up with:

Server is offering download, do you wish to enable downloading?

Yes/No

If person chooses Yes, then it enables /cl_allowdownload 1 and then reconnects to server.

Thank you. Smiley

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »

As mentioned on IRC.

I think the simple and best solution would be to give more informing error messages, such as: "Cannot join because of missing maps, you can enable Autodownloading under Options" rather than "Couldn't load maps/customMap.bsp"

I will look into it next week, should be a very little modification (but an engine modification, so it cannot be added with a pk3-patch like 0.7.1).

There are nothing offending in my posts.
escapedturkey
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:03:32 PM »

While you're at it, please see if you can make the following defaults for the OA client:

s_useopenal 0 -- For most people, OpenAL results in very scratchy sound -- adding openal as an option in the UI under sound would be helpful.
snaps 40 -- This way anyone connecting to a server ranging from sv_fps 20 to 40, will always be compatible and get good ping.
rate 25000 -- So that the default for bandwidth is for broadband, most players use DSL or cable.
cl_maxpackets 100 -- again, most players are now DSL or cable users.

Thank you. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:54:49 PM by escapedturkey » Logged

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 06:09:30 AM »

A simple cvar that keeps the current weaponbar displayed instead of fading it away after weapon change so I'm able to see which weapons I got and how I should switch. This would be very helpful because of the slow weapon change rate compared to Quake World. Wink

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: