Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Load maps  (Read 9293 times)
wannabegod
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 22, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »

I feel like a noob by asking, but how do i load maps in openarena?
I run Ubuntu (7.04) btw.
Of course I googled it, but I only found I had to place the .pk3's in my baseoa folder, which I did (/home/username/.openarena/baseoa/, or is there another baseoa folder somewhere? There are not much items in here...), but they aren't visible when choosing single player maps.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »

You have placed the maps correctly but not all maps can be chosen from the menu.

If you open the console (by pressing ~) you can load the maps with "/map mapname" (bash-like tab-completion can be used).

There are nothing offending in my posts.
wannabegod
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:11:22 PM »

You have placed the maps correctly but not all maps can be chosen from the menu.

If you open the console (by pressing ~) you can load the maps with "/map mapname" (bash-like tab-completion can be used).

It doesnt need an extra command or something? 'cause whatever i trie, it keeps saying it is an unknown command....
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 06:32:50 PM »

Strange. Can you load any of the stock maps with the map command (ie "\map oa_dm1")?

OA runs well for me on Debian.
wannabegod
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »

it now asks for .bsp files. I filled in the .pk3 filenames, tried the name only, tried including /baseoa/, tried the whole path, but the output is
"cant find map [path+mapname].pk3.bsp"
do i need bsp maps or something :S
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »

The BSP files are inside the PK3 files, you can open the PK3 files with your zip program and see what the BSPs are called (it is usually the same as the pk3 file).

You may not include path or extension. The tab-completions should never suggest it.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
wannabegod
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 10:24:47 AM »

Thanks, that works

But now the loaded maps still aren't in the map list when i start a single player skirmish game, how (if posiible) can i do that?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:42:41 AM by wannabegod » Logged
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »

I'm glad to hear you were able to launch a map from the console.

Which map are you trying to load from the skirmish menu? Most maps seem to show up on the menu but I have a few that don't. Also, some maps will only show up under certain gametypes (ie FFA, TDM, CTF, etc).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: