Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection interruptions  (Read 8747 times)
Gee
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: April 05, 2008, 03:39:45 PM »

hi, i keep getting connection interruptions while playing. im not that well educated in networking etc but im pretty sure that i have the required port forwarded on my router and i have made sure that when playing i have nothing like p2p software or msn messenger running. i was wondering if there is any other reason that i keep getting these.

thanks, Luke
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:01:21 AM »

try different servers. if you have wireless you might wanna try to use a cable to make sure that's not a problem.
pikaunforgiven
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:36:54 AM »

also try different times of the day. my isp at random times likes to drop packets and such (showing lotsa red on the lagometer and getting "connection interrupted" frequently). it also helps to make sure that nobody else on your router is using p2p applications.

you can "try" setting cl_packetdup to 2, but it doesnt always help.
Gee
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 07:03:37 AM »

Im the only one useing the router at home so no one else using would be causing the lag. useing wires is also not an option as my computer is in a completely different are of the house than the router. as there is only one phone socket (technical term??) in the house i cannot connect the router any where else.

thanks for the replies.
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 04:30:26 AM »

try different servers.
I would follow pulchr's advice.

i need to ask something to to help u...well i hope so. have u changed/edited ur cl_maxpackets,/rate,packetdup, etc if u have restore them back to normal i had the same problem as u a long time ago try restroring them back see if that helps at all Smiley

if it doesen't then just play on unlagged servers or servers with low ping. Cheesy
hope this all helps!

P.S:Wat country u in? if u live in aussie i could give u a list of servers with descent ping Smiley

P.M Me Smiley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:30:45 AM by RAAM'BO » Logged

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 04:37:14 AM »

Connection Interruptions can also be due to your ISP. A poor one, a poor quality line, and eventually because error correction is disabled on your line.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: