Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hak] Need textures?  (Read 11063 times)
Stilgar
« on: April 24, 2008, 05:20:43 PM »

For a while I've been kicking around the idea of a free fantasy game of my own with Heretic/Hexen influences but hearing of this I'm thinking it's probably more productive to put my effort behind this for the time being.  Here's a sampler of some of the textures I'd made - all work from scratch in the GIMP.  They were made with the Doom engine in mind but should work for anything that likes textures in the 64x64 or 128x128 range.  Some of them are a bit on the old side but I may be able to touch them up a bit more, also recolors for whatever palette is needed shouldn't be hard to do, I'll just need to know what palette to use.

Are these (or work in a similar vein) useful?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:08:46 AM by fromhell » Logged
Taiyo.uk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:42:19 PM »

For now the OA community need more GPL textures, just don't get your hands bitten off Wink
Stilgar
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 05:18:37 PM »

I'll look into what I can do for OA texture-wise, then.  I doubt any of my already made stuff will work there since it's lower res but I'll try my hand at cooking some new stuff up.  Still would like to register my interest in this project though, if there's any need for texturing/other 2D graphics.  Maybe even a little mapping or modeling at some point though I've less experience with those at the moment.  What can I say, fantasy theme appeals to me. Wink
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 05:51:43 PM »

WOW these look nice!
Unsure about the arrowy symbol on the flag, that's kind of a heretic/hexen trademark

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Stilgar
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »

WOW these look nice!
Thanks!  If they look useful I can pack them up along with the others/variants I have and send them in somehow?  Or do more work on them to make them fit the desired palette or what ever (should it be the same palette as Hexen II or will there be a custom one?)  If there are any specific needs I can see what I can do about them, otherwise I'll just cook up some more in a similar vein.

Unsure about the arrowy symbol on the flag, that's kind of a heretic/hexen trademark
That's a Symbol of Chaos, which has been in existence before the Serpent Rider games, the link tells more.  If it's deemed too dodgy to keep it, though, it's easy enough for me to change, I've got a blank version of the banner on my HD.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 03:59:54 PM by Stilgar » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »

For the palette, i'm not even sure if i'll keep the Hexen II palette and make a new one, or keep the Hexen II palette and don't make one. Hexen II's palette is kinda bright and it'd be hard to capture the 'classic' atmosphere with a desaturated bright palette.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 05:00:33 AM »

Hey Stilgar,

would be good to have somebody around to do textures. There is need for improvements and new maps will be created as well.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: