Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.6 troubles  (Read 6424 times)
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 29, 2008, 07:02:48 AM »

hey guys im having trouble with 7.6 i use capslock to turn left, which worked just fine in 7.0 and 7.1 but now it just spins my dude. i know what the problem is capslock gets turned on when i press it and oa looks at it and go's oh look this key is being pressed turn left. i just dont know enough to fix it myself. could someone please help?

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:47 AM »

I think you may be out of luck, as there is something in the latest ioquake3 release notes about capslock and numlock keys not being usable anymore after the switch to SDL input.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:39:58 AM »

I'll need to check this from a Windows machine. Caps Lock seems to work fine for me and is a supported key in SDL according to the docs.

EDIT:
After testing in Windows. I can confirm this bug. I don't have a solution at the moment, but it should be solvable.

EDIT 2:
I have read a little on the Internet and it appears that it is a SDL bug. Debian (including Ubuntu) and Mandrivia uses a custom patch to make it work. Code wise I think it is quite easy to solve, but it will require new binaries or a new SDL.dll.

I have created a new SDL.dll that allows CAPS_LOCK to be used as a key: http://brie.ostenfeld.dk/~poul19/public_files/SDLalternative.zip
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 06:30:09 PM by sago007 » Logged

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: