Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invalid Game Folder w/ OA 7.6  (Read 17120 times)
Shael Riley
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:26 AM »

I erased my old installation of OA 7.1, installed a clean copy of 7.6, and now get the Invalid Game Folder error on every single server.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:04:37 AM »

that's the usual error message you get when trying to connect to a server running a different version. your client and the server hates each  other.

this is why we need a "omit servers running a different game version" in the server browser.
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »

this is why we need a "omit servers running a different game version" in the server browser.

groan.. this hasnt been sorted out yet or considered as a potential need before this was released?

I seen with my own eyes some script which appears to be for mod use and will check q3/baseoa folders and exit with friendly warnings. This was when accidently browsing through SVN.. I dont even know what it stands for.

Isnt the exe running as 1.33 or 1.35 or something and appears on all browser info? hmm.. if so I can just do a filter for http. But with the game.. I assume thats sorted.

ok I see the master browser geezer.. do we need to go over and give him a nudge. Maybe hes on vacation this week. Anyone want a game of lazer gun n saw thing? Cheesy

exp(x)
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »

This is quite annoying. Almost every server I tried to join must be running an old version. I'm tempted to revert.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »

Well it's nothing I can do from my end. Blame their laziness, not me!!
It's horrible because well there's no 'notification horn' for admins to update them and if I put such thing in they might have "ZOMG IT CHECKS UPDATES! I CANT POSSIBLY TRUST THIS!!! SPYWARE!!!" protests.  I'm doing the best I can to spread 0.7.6 awareness, because of how notbigtheversion number is they assume it's no problem to still run 0.7.1. Sad
And of course, most distro repositories still only have 0.6.0 or 0.7.0 (no patch).

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 01:53:34 AM »

ok, no problem - we are aware of 0.7.6

but let me make something very very clear.

0.7.1 is the current working version.

I fully agree with [TASF]Overkill, pikaunforgiven and the next time I update a server, that advice will be from Jack Thompson.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 01:55:08 AM »

0.7.1 is the current working version.

What's so not-working about 0.7.6? The 'invalid game folder' error happens with 0.7.0 when you join a 0.6.0 server too :roll:

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 03:01:57 AM »

Who's Jack Thompson?

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 04:24:03 AM »

an infamous florida lawyer, a closet OA fan he is.

skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 11:28:14 AM »

... and a dedicated admin,  and the reason why we can enjoy many of the servers that exist on the server list. (unitl now)

But not everyone's perfect. He is not a creature in need of self-importance so sometimes seldom seen on the forum. He will be rather embarresed by this post and any kind of attention. I don't care, I've seen him play and I am quite confident I wont be gettin an ass kicking anytime soon, even with my skills. Cheesy

It's pretty much WYSIWYG.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: