Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: SERVER ADMINS, stop being JERKS and putting bots on your servers.  (Read 24563 times)
endurans
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 12:58:45 AM »

Ok, I have registered on the forums only to write about this topic.

I uses to connect to play some OA  after a long working day but it become really very very frustrating to connect and disconnect from servers trying to find human players, I think it's very needed to have a way to easily view from the game which servers have bots inside, also it will be better to have just a couple of server but with many people, maybe a cuple of servers only for human players and stated clear on server name.

On the other hand, thanks for this great Game to the developers.

Endurans
BrainChemistry
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 05:43:47 AM »

Quote from: kilgore
Instead of banning bots from online servers I would be more for an option to see which servers have human players and how many... much more practical!

Quote from: pulchr
agreed, a feature in the serverlisting to show how many human player the server has would be nice.

Agreed. E.g. in HLSW (a Win server browser; not sure if cross-platform) there the number of players altogether is given and next to it the number of bots in brackets. If there are 2 players and 4 bots the browser shows "6(4)". I think this solution is easy to implement but not sure on this. At least you wouldn't have to add a new column in OA's server browser.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: