this isn't any special, just something i've made to learn character animation with. here's a render of what i've got so far...
and here is the download page for the blender model (gplv2 of course)...http://www.mediafire.com/?3m4bjafzhvy
here is my list of tasks that i'm working through. (thanks leileilol)
1. Model the thing
2. Uvmap the thing
3. Split the thing in 3
4. Make tags, repeated trial and error exports to fix scaling issues and tag rotation issues
5. Make skeletons and start animating
6. Skin time
1,2 and 3 are complete, since i built it in 3 seperate parts and they are all uvmapped.
here are some questions about stage 4.
- i'm not sure what i'm doing with the tags. i'm guessing one of them is in the hand to position the weapon, but i'm not sure about any others. can anyone help me here?
- i understand that later i'll have to animate the models and export those animations to an md3, but to get the sizing right can i just export the unanimated parts to md3 files and set them up to replace the md3s of an existing game character so that i can see them in the game?
- are the tags made with empties? if so do they have to have specific names?
- if i wanted to export the torso model with the weapon tag in the hand would i simply select the torso model, shift-select the weapon tag and run the md3 export script? or is it more complicated than that?