Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: oa_dm2ish: Claustrophobia  (Read 5872 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: August 09, 2016, 10:37:33 PM »

I was a bit bored, so I thought on converting some map into an OA map. I picked up Aardappel's dm2ish and retexturized it. I've also added several curves, because idTech3. It supports FFA, LMS, 1on1 and Possession. Beware the Railgun area trap. Tongue

There are MANY known issues, some of them include:
- Some walls being lit from below or the sides when they shouldn't be.
- The size of the map being small.
- Some texture misalignments, especially those connecting walls with curves.
- The lighting may need some extra work.
- The teleporter shader needs some extra work.

NOTE: THIS WILL NOT BE AN OFFICIAL OPENARENA MAP. It's just a port of a Quake I map with new weapon/item placement.

Download Link

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:48:09 PM »

This is a VERY crampy level that still seemps cramped with g_enableQ on (a debug setting to view in Q1's proportions). You can get snagged by the door frames, the trap gun, etc.  it's not a fun level to navigate

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »

Given a quick look to it.
- First screenshot: for some reason, my view flickers while that lift is going up. I have no idea of the reason...
- Second screenshot: what's the purpose of those stairs? Are you supposed to rocketjump/plasmaclimb to go up then?
- Third screenshot: "hall of mirros" effect there.
- The plasma shooter trap may have the shooter emitter too near, because I don't see the plasma orbs flying at all (well, in this game plasma balls start appearing quite far from their emitter in general). Maybe it's not a real problem.

PS:
This is a VERY crampy level that still seemps cramped with g_enableQ on (a debug setting to view in Q1's proportions). You can get snagged by the door frames, the trap gun, etc.  it's not a fun level to navigate
Does g_enableQ affect only VIEW/LOOK of characters or does it really shrink also their hitboxes (allowing them to pass through smaller passages and requiring enemies to hit a smaller area)?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:02:45 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: