Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do i patched?  (Read 9063 times)
omageds
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: May 30, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »

I'm on ubuntu gutsy, and I'm just not... I don't get it. I have this bj00tiful patch waiting to be.. patched, but what do I do with it? I guess I can't find any install dir for click-n-drag patching as has been suggested in other threads.. srsly, how do i patched?
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 02:07:57 PM »

You extract the zip and overwrite the old openarena files in your openarena folder.

Gutsy still has old 0.6.0 so you'll want to download the 0.7.6 release first.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »

which 'old' files?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »

which 'old' files?
The old files that have the same filename as the new files.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
rancid punx
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 04:35:08 AM »

ohhhhhhhhhh!

makes sense when you say it like that!

thanks
omageds
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »

You extract the zip and overwrite the old openarena files in your openarena folder.

Gutsy still has old 0.6.0 so you'll want to download the 0.7.6 release first.

intaresting. So by installing through apt, I got an older version that doesnt carry the same file names/folder names etc? having removed the downloaded files, "openarena" search yields only one result - the game's entry in /usr/games. I should really get to reading a tutorial on where install folders go in ubuntu.
Anyway, basically what I do is dl 0.7.6, then 0.7.7 and replace anything that's in 0.7.6 dir with the new files. Makes sense, except now I have this game dir on my desktop.. I guess I'll hide it somewhere and google how to place the new launcher in the applications menu?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »

intaresting. So by installing through apt, I got an older version that doesnt carry the same file names/folder names etc? having removed the downloaded files, "openarena" search yields only one result - the game's entry in /usr/games. I should really get to reading a tutorial on where install folders go in ubuntu.
Anyway, basically what I do is dl 0.7.6, then 0.7.7 and replace anything that's in 0.7.6 dir with the new files. Makes sense, except now I have this game dir on my desktop.. I guess I'll hide it somewhere and google how to place the new launcher in the applications menu?

You should never manually patch a version installed using apt.

I usually install games by creating a folder ~/games and extract games there. You are free to move the game folder whereever you like. Unlike some other games OpenArena does not care about its location.

I rarely create graphical shortcuts but luckily OpenArena does not require an extra "change directory script". There should be an graphical utility that helps you create customize the menu somewhere usually installed by default.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: