Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: we got a serious problem here  (Read 103588 times)
kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2008, 06:17:24 AM »

Not everyone will think about updates when the rest of the servers are working fine and on 0.7.1, that's why we need some kind of update notice.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2008, 07:50:30 AM »

yeh, as long as it is optional and not a forced update, i'm all for it.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2008, 02:53:16 PM »

Here's my two cents..

I generally play the ver 0.7.1 for two main reasons:
  1. The infamous mouse over-sensitivity of ver. 0.7.7
  2. Most good players play on this verision

I do understand that these developers are putting their time into making the OA experience special. Also, adversting the new version is feasible for the development of the game. These things are necessary but when we have many committed players not satisfied with the changes, they will keep what is working and promote the working copy to others until the main kinks in the new version are addressed.

This is exactly what Microsoft is going through. Everyone that knows about computers recommends Windows XP over Windows Vista. Microsoft is trying to force Vista down people throats and all it is doing is making people buy MACs machines. Just look at Microsoft's and Apple stock. Vast difference!

So here is a resolution: At least make 0.7.1 and 0.7.7 available until Windows Vista (aka OA 0.7.7) gets the main issue addressed. This way everyone will stop bitch'n about how the new version sucks. No one wants to work or play under duress. fromhell, You can recommend to new players to install the version while we can recommend, in the forums, to use 0.7.1. People are more apt to go with is recommended by the site admin. I dunno if anyone is working on fixing this issue with the mouse sensitivity; but i dont think its going away anytime soon. We love the game so much that we are willing to stick around until that problem is solved.

We need each other on this to make this game work. Feelings may and will get hurt but lets be mature about this and come to a reasonable agreement.

- the HIT

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
aantipop
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2008, 03:58:50 AM »

Here's my two cents..
Windows Vista (aka OA 0.7.7)

lol

so lets see 0.7.7 as a devel version and wait for 0.8 ?
Mr. Oho
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

I will press the button!

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2008, 04:40:19 AM »

Windows Vista (aka OA 0.7.7)

Haha this comparsion is so wrong punched Still you have a point.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »

oh I havent visited this one for a while now Cheesy It's better than coronation street \Cheesy/ hehe.. how did we get to Vista?
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 06:20:05 AM »

how did we get to Vista?

check my last post..only 4 previous messages ago Smiley

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2008, 11:22:17 AM »

I'm quite sure that fromhell can find it in their heart to create a little forum area for the minority of 71 players or people working on stuff then the anti-social or the unwashed people can still have some kind of oppertunity to post without fear. They can keep away from the hard working upper class part of the OA society and I'm sure the knowledgable people from 0.7.7 will also agree. There would be no confusion and no need for all the silly comments and sarcasm which don't really do a community any good. Argue all you want, but if you have an opinion, and you expect someone else to read and respect that opinion, then you must also accept that there maybe others who do not share the same opinion
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »

I've just realised :/ that will be a bad idea. It would give others oppertunity to bash people who post in wrong forums and I   post stuff in all the forums. People would miss all my important posts. Sad
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »

Can we  make this a sticky?
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2008, 09:11:02 AM »

Mr. Oho..! Smiley
Well, I will gladly accept the job.. I will try to make a very nice -readme file- about some basic stuff.
I hope my work to be taked seriously though.

And this question goes to the Boss.. fromhell, If I spend some of my free time creating this readme file, will u put it INTO the new release? as an additional file?

Well, since I didnt get an answer I guess Im talking to a wall or its not really important.... so.. I will sit and wait for 0.8.0, I hope "the wall" and the other developers to make a good job for 0.8.0

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »

I have a question for you:

What do you expect for 0.8? It won't change the 0.7.7 input much.
I had this 'spinning' input problem with Q3A in 2001 under M$ Windows. It occurend sometimes and annoyed me but I lived with it. I guess it's a strange combination of mouse / operating system / driver.

So the problem cannot be reproduced and there of not be fixed. Seems you and the everybody who encounters is able to 'repair' this and offer OA a patch.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:50:52 AM by cosmo » Logged

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2008, 09:43:18 PM »

why release it then
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2008, 09:44:37 PM »

RN is down. I am sad. I have no support Sad
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:32:42 AM by missbehaving » Logged
lightrush
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2008, 07:53:40 PM »

Ubuntu 32bit here - sensitivity is different but not defective. All I had to do is readjust it and a few kills with the new speed setting.
Moreover - 0.7.7 has Hitscan Unlag which is ... one of the most important features for an FPS game?? Gosh now Railgun actually shoots where u point it!

AIRLOGIC is now updated to 0.7.7 and it will be kept up to date without delays like last one. The servers are some pretty bad ass machines on a ISP fiber backbone in IL. Everyone who is not allergic to 0.7.7 is welcome ! Smiley

Anticipating 0.8.0!
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2008, 12:36:03 AM »

Anticipating 0.8.0!

*drum roll* Cheesy

Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2008, 03:52:39 AM »

...It's better than coronation street \Cheesy/

Oh god you LIKE that silly british canadian comedy? This was the last place I thought I'd hear about THAT show. :p

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2008, 06:39:54 AM »

aah so you want me to update you on the latest happenings to get you up to date? Cheesy
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »

well my opinion is divided
on peak hours i cant connect to bb83.de server (7.7), cause its full 10/10- ok, that should look like  a sign of popularity? but nobody is on the 7.7 RN duel server =(
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2008, 08:23:30 AM »

Blame Quake Live!

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
Narses
Nub

Cakes 1

do_u_know, who_u_r?

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »

but nobody is on the 7.7 RN duel server =(

cause all old GOOD players still play and prefer 071 version...

'Cause you CANT controll ur mouse, when u try to turn right or left, JEEZZ!!! you got a 360º spin...

Yes! I totally agree, this input suckz, I HATE THIS!!! And what i heard many players hate it too.

And that readme file is great idea! I hope somebody will do it.

All the best.

- - Heroes in black - - SECRET POLICE - - Heroes in black - - WATCH YOUR BACK - -
-Visit --- http://oa-cl.ucoz.org/ ---
KKCBulletBill
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2008, 03:42:11 PM »

A simple answer to this unification problem you fine folks have been having is answered equally as simply: The Koopa Klown Car Clan [KKC] is the ultimate in OPen Arena unification and skill. We mainly use the 0.8.0 patch, and encourage all players of the game to unite under our amazing air balloon with a propeller on the bottom.

Having organized play is a strong helper to any FPS, and certainly, if we are all under only one organization, that being this one, of course, it will only benefit us and further serve the desires of the KKC, and who else would want any different?

If you are against the KKC, I perfectly understand your unification issues and anarchy and communist love, and encourage you to report yourself to AOL as soon as possible for believing in communism.

We accept all clan challenges (and will most likely report you to AOL if you win, and will tell them you're a wall hacker).

Thank you, OpenArena, Linux, and beautiful mother Earth, you have finally bared fruit, and that fruit is us, the Koopa Klown Car Clan.
ic3w1nd
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2008, 06:04:55 PM »

why should i stay to 0.7.1 or 0.7.7 just to find servers? we all updated to 0.8.0 incl. the latest serverfix. it works for us. if there are other servers, its okay, but if not: okay too.

staying at an outdated version just because of the servers isn’t good, because the server administrators don’t have a reason to update, if there are players on thier servers, and the players wont update, unless the server administrator updates.

deadlock Smiley

*pow*
SILVERFOX
Nub

Cakes 1

Long live Open Arena

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »

Friday night a total of 14 players on 8.0 Ouch.
fufinha

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »

ya.. been broke for a while now. 0.7.1 is definately working.

I loved the stuff I seen on 0.8.0 but I cant get server working and no help is available. Yep, frustrating deadlock Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: