Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Servers and Playing servers...help  (Read 6158 times)
4Morg4
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 15, 2008, 08:41:07 AM »

Hey everyone im new to open arena(i downloaded i cause i wanted a good free fps for mac) and i need help with 2 things. First, i cant join any servers. It just says "Invalid Game folder". Secondly i wanted to play with my brother just me and him so we tryed to setup a local server. When i went to multilayer and changed tthe servers from internet to local nothing showed up. So then he tryed making a dedicated internet server, but when we set it up (in the game) and clicked fight, it froze(when he tryed it and when i tryed it).  neways, heres some info of what were doin and stuff

im using a mac, hes usin windows, im usin a wireless router and thats about it. Pleasereply with help!!!:P
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:49:44 AM »

Please ensure that all 0.7.6 files was overwritten by the 0.7.7 patch or you will get an "invalid folder" error.

The UI will freeze when you launch a dedicated server. You should never launch a dedicated server from inside the game anyway, I don't know why the option is there.

If you want to play on a LAN you should create a Listening server (Dedicated = No). It should be visible using "Local" in the Server browser

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: