Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: minimize windows and bot in servers thing :)  (Read 5852 times)
albertolp
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 19, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »

The minimize thing is not working and i dont know why... its workin with other games... :S
Is that only me or that is not working? :S im using ubuntu + compiz
Ive tried all the shortcuts i know and none is working both windowed and full scren
Alt + tab, ctr + alt + down, ctrl + alt right and left... none... the mouse keeps on the ao windows :S i dont know what else to do...

And id like to add something for all those who have a hard time finding a server witch is not full of bots only Smiley
I wish it were native of oa, but its ok for now
http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena&sort=ip&showplayers=yes&hide=both&hideheader=1&hideplayers=1

Cheers!
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »

bump!

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:40:38 AM »

You might try ETswithc (in repositories, just apt-get it), it SHOULD be able to minimize the game, as it's q3a engine based, even when it's in fulscreen. Not working for me, tho.

Other thing you might do is to launch the game in a different XServer. Slightly more advanced, here's a how-to:

Create a text file /usr/local/bin/rungame (You need to be root to do that) with these contents:
Code:
#/bin/sh
#Author: HFechs

#Find a suitable  DISPLAY
DISP=`/bin/pidof X | wc -w`
DISP=`expr $DISP + 1`
export DISPLAY=:$DISP

#Launch X server
X $DISPLAY &

#Find out the PID of the X server
PID=$!

#Set up permissions
xauth add  $DISPLAY . `mcookie` &

#Launch game
$@

#Terminate X server
kill $PID
Make it executable
Code:
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/rungame

Now, edit the file /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config change the line
Code:
allowed_users=console
to
Code:
allowed_users=anybody

You are ready to go. Type
Code:
 rungame openarena
in the console and the game launches in a separate Xserver.
Now you can switch to desktop with Ctrl+Alt+F7 and back to game using Ctrl+Alt+F9.

ISSUES:
- not working correctly sometimes. Once in a while the game doesn't start or freezes immediately.
- A random alg between the mouse and monitor. really annoying, but disappears after a minute or so.
Both may be related to my HW and SW.
If oyu get other issues, try disabling the Compiz before running it.

Source of the howto [cz] http://www.korecky.org/?p=16
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:59:33 AM by menganito » Logged
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »

Thanks Menganito

I just solved it by "alt+ enter" to window the game, then "shift + esc" for the console and then mouse is freed from the window Smiley

The xserver thing maybe useful for another stuff... I have to try it out! Wink

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: