Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Arena Expanded Beta 50  (Read 573449 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »

When trying to compile the SVN build, I obtain this:

Code:
lcc -DQ3_VM -S -Wf-target=bytecode -Wf-g  -I..\..\..\code\q3_ui -I..\..\..\code\qcommon   ../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:283: undeclared identifier `grank_status_t'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:283: warning: expression with no effect elided
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:283: syntax error; found `status' expecting `;'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:283: undeclared identifier `status'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:283: warning: expression with no effect elided
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:284: illegal statement termination
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:284: skipping `int'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:284: undeclared identifier `y'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:284: warning: expression with no effect elided
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:368: syntax error; found `trap_Cvar_VariableValue' expecting `;'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:369: undeclared identifier `QGR_STATUS_NEW'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:369: undeclared identifier `QGR_STATUS_SPECTATOR'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:378: undeclared identifier `QGR_STATUS_VALIDATING'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:379: undeclared identifier `QGR_STATUS_PENDING'
../../../code/q3_ui/ui_rankings.c:380: undeclared identifier `QGR_STATUS_LEAVING'

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »

How do you compile? System? Scripts?

There are nothing offending in my posts.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »

Can you put my graphics crap in there pleaeese?

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »

How do you compile? System? Scripts?
I've ran the bat file for both cgame, game and ui.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2009, 12:57:49 PM »

Neon are you trying to build on windows?

"ui_rankings.c" should not be in the batch file...but somehow it is, oh well not a big issue...There are two steps to the batch file.   

The first, which this issue comes from is "LCC" compiling to assembly code...it does this for each individual code file.  When "LCC" tries to compile "ui_rankings.c" it will come across several variables, functions, etc which are undefined.  Blah...no biggie...

The second step, is when "q3asm" takes all those files of "assembly code" and puts em together to form the QVM file. 
If you get an error relating to "ui_rankings.c" here, that means it was unfortunately included in the build script. 

To check and make sure the build was successful, look into the windows/baseoa directory (for the svn source), if the file "ui.qvm" is present your build was successful.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »

Yep, I'm compiling from Windows. And yep, ui was compiled succesfully, but I didn't tested it yet.
Just pointed those errors. Tongue

SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2009, 12:30:07 AM »

This is my screw-up Neon. 

It's like one of those obvious things people are just supposed to do but somehow screw up lol.

I've got a version of those batch files that won't throw those errors in my local copy of the source.  I just never thought to commit it to the OAX SVN, because every release that's ever been done, Sago has built under linux and not windows.

I should probably get around to doing that...
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #182 on: December 25, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

A very little thing to improve, not sure it's in QVM: we have to wait 5 seconds to switch team, sometimes I make the mistake to select a team I'm already in, and I have to wait for another 5 seconds Cheesy so ... if the player is making a mistake selecting a team he's already in he shouldn't have to wait Wink (or maybe our own team could be a grayed option)

There are details like that ... lol

---

While I'm at it, another little feature request: ability to mute someone (as a player), I've seen it's being implented admin-side but better if anyone can do that. Sorry if it's already done.

Other thing, make "autoswitch weapons" off by default, I somehow feel embarassed when I see some beginner play OA and switch weapon as soon as he gets one Cheesy. I wonder if this feature ever had any use, I think most people disable it. After all it's still a good point if you can start OA and start playing without even having to change anything.

I also thought about some way to calculate score on a CTF match, making the score depend on how far the player is from his own flag when he frags. That would mean staying near our own spawn points or near our own flag would bring less points, whereas killing someone when being near the ennemy flag would bring more. I fear however it wouldn't solve every situation, I tend to think it should be more rewarding to take the risk to cross the map (attacking then) than staying in defense, maybe this isn't an issue for every CTF map. Was Just an idea, sorry for being a bit offtopic Wink
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:01:23 PM by Cacatoes » Logged

Todo: Walk the cat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »

Could I ask for something? To replace the name of cvar fairflags to a more generic and neutral name, such as sv_advancedflags or sv_restrictedflags.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2010, 10:14:41 AM »

I've seen that OAX includes (r192) now "/clients" command to properly display clients connected by slot :

Why not renaming it as in OSP/CPMA like "/players" ?

Why not adding the same other useful information that /players gives in OSP/CPMA ( rate/snaps/cl_maxpackets ) ?

Code:
 slot score ping name rate snaps maxpkts
  ---- ----- ---- ---- ---- ----- -------

EDIT : and /or also delag and timenudge , IP ?

Code:
 slot score ping name rate snaps maxpkts delag timenudge IP
  ---- ----- ---- ---- ---- ----- ------- ----- --------- --

The thing could be regulated by another cvar that should establish which kind of infos are diplayed : basic or extended

basic : slot , score , ping , name
extended : rate , snaps , maxpkts , delag , timenudge , IP

Or the cvar could assume a bitmask value to establish which players ' infos should be diplayed ( default is basic infos )

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:52:28 AM by Falkland » Logged
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »

I've seen that OAX includes (r192) now "/clients" command to properly display clients connected by slot :

Why not renaming it as in OSP/CPMA like "/players" ?

Why not adding the same other useful information that /players gives in OSP/CPMA ( rate/snaps/cl_maxpackets ) ?
I didn't know about "/players". Never played CPMA. I might have auto downloaded OSP for ET at some point but never entered a single console command.

My only idea with /clients was to get clientnumbers and the reason scores are printed too is to separate players that are hard to separate by name. I get the information from the scores list so scores are given for free without having to contact the server.

I did consider sending the request to the server, so the server could send even more information, but it seemed a waste at the time.

Main problem with checking the scoreboard is that the scoreboard is not available until the first kill/death. But it is early in the match to call a clientkick.

madghost
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »

has the demo problem been fixed yet in 0.8.5?? all of the i remember getting the rc and tried watching demos and i get a registered items error ( i dont remember the exact words) but since this new release for 0.8.5 came out, has it been fixed, id download and try, but my connection makes that difficult.

(alPha)Ghosty  --http://www.oa-alphaclan.com
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »

Beta 45 is up.

Change log:
New in Beta 45:
* Fixed TEAMMATE kill message bug.
* Added g_autonextmap that automatically changes maps on game end
* Added g_autonextmap to the start server menu. Added to the map select place as the gui is rather full at the moment.
* motd.cfg can now be configured to look for a different file with g_motdfile
* elimination_roundtime 0 does no longer stop matches imidiently.
* stopped some broadcasts during intermission. Hopefully reduced the risk of a netchan error.
* Workaround for Kamikaze bug
* No longer asks the user before quitting from the menu

Mostly bug fixes with g_autonextmap as a big exception.

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »

Yo,

* What you did to g_admin, to select a different file in the hard drive, is it a good idea to do the same for g_vote ? Note: problem solved when using a different mod.
  * Only 8 slots for custom votes, no way to list some more like you did with callvotable maps ? This may not be necessary if new UI in future versions solve the problem...

Todo: Walk the cat.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »

I have added a g_motdfile. Originally I removed a lot of them from patches because there was a low cvar limit. But newer engines solves that problem so I have started to add them again.

It was SharpestTool that added g_admin. I believe that it is originally a workaround for an autodownload bug in Enemy Territory. You could autodownload any files except the main configuration file if you knew the filename, so the main file contained a lot of randomized filenames for all sub files.

I find that my solution for selecting multiple maps in the vote menu has some problems online. I have a feeling that the engine drops "unnecessary" packets but I am not sure about the criteria used.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2010, 02:52:45 AM »

I tested the new behavior of \elimination_roundtime 0.
Nice, thank you very much! Smiley

But I suggest to make it behive the old way when using LMS mode with Overtime activated. Before, it went immediately to Overtime mode (substracting health as time passes), allowing for very quick matches. Now (remember: I'm talking about elimination_roundtime 0) the two "score options" with overtime work exactly like the two without overtime: it never goes to overtime mode and you play until there is only one player alive.

You can find my suggestion DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Talk:Elimination#Roundtime]in the table I prepared when I proposed the modify... it is more clear there.

What do you think about it?

I'll end with a couple of suggestions:
- I've heard that managing these menus is very hard... anyway, could you try do add the elimination_roundtime to the GUI? Also an option for enabling g_elimination when using other gametypes would be nice (like there is for enabling "all rockets" or "instagib")... I suppose many people would like g_elimination, if only they know about its existence...
- The new function to automatically switch maps is nice, but I think it would be better, in the skirmish menu, to have the "gametype selector" below the map screenshots, as ever been. I suggest to put the auto map switch option above and the gametype below.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »

But I suggest to make it behive the old way when using LMS mode with Overtime activated. Before, it went immediately to Overtime mode (substracting health as time passes), allowing for very quick matches. Now (remember: I'm talking about elimination_roundtime 0) the two "score options" with overtime work exactly like the two without overtime: it never goes to overtime mode and you play until there is only one player alive.

You can find my suggestion DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Talk:Elimination#Roundtime]in the table I prepared when I proposed the modify... it is more clear there.

I read the suggestions and I can see the point.

Making 0 count as unlimited is a special case. Adding the old behavior in Overtime mode would be another special case. Special cases makes the code harder to manage. One could just set the time to 1 second. Like one could just set the time to 3600 seconds before.

I'll end with a couple of suggestions:
- I've heard that managing these menus is very hard... anyway, could you try do add the elimination_roundtime to the GUI? Also an option for enabling g_elimination when using other gametypes would be nice (like there is for enabling "all rockets" or "instagib")... I suppose many people would like g_elimination, if only they know about its existence...
- The new function to automatically switch maps is nice, but I think it would be better, in the skirmish menu, to have the "gametype selector" below the map screenshots, as ever been. I suggest to put the auto map switch option above and the gametype below.
- g_elimination would make even more sense if there was a page for changing the elimination_* cvars
- I stated by adding the auto change map in the top. It felt wrong. The flow became weird having to start in the middle by selecting gametype going up to select map, going further up to consider autochange and finally go to the buttom to start the game.

Time has been a limited resource lately. Hopefully the good times will return. I might just upload the current progress in a few hours to get the latest progress displayed for the people that does not compile from svn.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2010, 01:44:45 PM »

Beta 46 is up

Changelog
New in Beta 46:
* Added note to handicap option in menu
* Added g_maxvotes to allow the server admin to pick a value.
* Added g_spawnprotect - milliseconds of invulnerability after spawning.
* Added replace_* cvars like disable_*. Can be used like "set replace_weapon_shotgun weapon_bfg" for replacing shutgun by BFG.
* Added Evil.HD.unOA's accuracy display although it cannot be bound in the menu.
* PlayerStore now records time and accuracy
* You can now use black charecters in your name provided that there is at least one non-black alphanumeric charecter
* Now uses FFA spawnpoints in domination
* Sort by human players in the menu is now remembered and recovered upon return
* Added option for changing some files: g_votemapsfile and g_votecustomfile
* Some code cleanup

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2010, 02:40:19 AM »

I read the suggestions and I can see the point.

Making 0 count as unlimited is a special case. Adding the old behavior in Overtime mode would be another special case. Special cases makes the code harder to manage. One could just set the time to 1 second. Like one could just set the time to 3600 seconds before.
I understand. This makes me a little sad, but it's ok. Inform me if you change your mind. If the things will remain this way, when I will update the Elimination help page when 0.8.6 will come out, I'll have to remember to specify that with that time 0, LMS with and without overtime will work the same way, and if one wants immediate overtime can set the time to 1 second.

I had another proposal about Elimination mode, that needed another CVAR... do you want to hear it? It is not related to the "roundtime"...

Quote from: sago007
- g_elimination would make even more sense if there was a page for changing the elimination_* cvars
It would be really a nice idea... but you told me that managing these menus is very difficult, right? If you think you can use your time to create a whole new page in the menu for them (maybe putting inside it also the "disable" and "replace" settings), you have my approval, but I'm sorry I can't help you with nothing but ideas... Sad

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »

I had another proposal about Elimination mode, that needed another CVAR... do you want to hear it? It is not related to the "roundtime"...

Quote from: sago007
It would be really a nice idea... but you told me that managing these menus is very difficult, right? If you think you can use your time to create a whole new page in the menu for them (maybe putting inside it also the "disable" and "replace" settings), you have my approval, but I'm sorry I can't help you with nothing but ideas... Sad
You are always welcome to come with ideas.

Yes managing menues are hard... and that is why making that system easier would be something that should be done first. At one point I looked into the possibility to use mp-menu files for submenues in settings, they did not use the push and pop system from the classic UI, so combining them would be non-trivial. However it would open for a lot more configurable options and the settings pages would be a great place to start.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »

You are always welcome to come with ideas.

Ok. Elimination mode needs that a team has two points of difference, to win, else the game will continue until this gap is reached, even if the timelimit or capturelimit has been hit various rounds before. I never noticed a similar rule in OSP CA (I don't even remember, if the timelimit was hit, if a match could end with a draw or not), anyway this is OpenArena Elimination and does not need to be exactly the same as OSP CA... but the problem is that, with this rule and teams with similar skills, a match could continue for a long time (for example, could end at 16-14 when the initial capturelimit was 8.... you stay at the PC much more time than you foreseen and your mother/girlfriend/wife gets angry), virtually infinite.

Okay, nowadays Elimination mode has almost no public servers online and thus probably there are not many OpenArena Clans that play it, but in the future it could became more popular (I hope OpenArena will became more popular), it has the potential to do it. So, in the future, we can imagine two clans with the same skill that fight the same match for hours... Like some Tennis matches.

I suggest to create a variable to give the opportunity to disable the need of two rounds of gap to win, in order to prevent this possible problem. The variable could be boolean (enable or disable the gap of two), or numeric, specifying the gap requested to win... 1, 2, 3... maybe with 0 a match could even end in a draw when the timelimit is hit, it's just an idea (obviously, 2 could remain the default value). What do you think about it?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

Sago, no answer?  Huh

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »

Sago, no answer?  Huh
I did not have anything insightful to say.

I might make a spawn cvar to controll it, so only one is required by default but map makers can force the demand for winning by 2 if the map design suggests it.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

Uhm... controlled by the map designer? I supposed a similar thing was more adapt to be controlled by the server admin...

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2010, 02:44:26 PM »

Uhm... controlled by the map designer? I supposed a similar thing was more adapt to be controlled by the server admin...
When I originally designed Elimination many years ago my plan was that it was supposed to be played on completly unfair maps where one team had an extreme advantage. That is why Elimination uses team spawnpoints if they exist and it is the reason the teams switch sides every round. The win by 2 was created to ensure that the winning team wont simply be the team that happens to be playing the advantage round first.

I never got around to make my proof of concepts maps and therefore they do not exist. So there are really no maps that need the winning by two and if they are ever designed the map designer will know.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: