Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Arena changing config for map  (Read 11236 times)
4Morg4
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 25, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »

hey guys i donloaded another quake 3 arena map to play on open arena but it has a read me that says            !!! READ THIS!!!

This map needs more resources than the original Quake 3 maps. So you have to free more memory for the game.
Otherwise you get the "hunc_allocate failed at xxxxx" error.

To do this, start the game, open the console with "^" and press backspace (<-) 2 times.
Then type "/seta com_hunkmegs 100" and press enter, then restart the game. THAT's IT!

An alternative way:
you could also open the q3config.cfg filen in ...\Quake III Arena\baseq3 with your texteditor,
and search for "com_hunkmegs" (should be one of the last lines), then set the value there.

Could ne1 please tell me how to change this value in open arena? cause this map is really awesome(saw vid of it on youtube) and wanted to play. Thanks guys!

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »

Moonstone map ? Wink
Add a parameter to the command line you use to run OA.

+set com_hunkmegs 128

Otherwise, the command working for Q3 also works with OA, so follow the same guidelines.

Todo: Walk the cat.
4Morg4
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »

actually its Simpsons map:P

lol uhhh still dont get it, i tryed hitting ^ and nothing happened, please explain in detail, im new but this map looks really fun:P
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 11:44:32 AM »

Find the key to bring the console down, it can be ² or ~ or ! (or something else, try any keyboard key when OA is launched)
It depends of the operating system, keyboard layout, version of OA, and binds made inside OA, so I can't be sure

Todo: Walk the cat.
4Morg4
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 06:26:55 PM »

cool, the ~ line worked:P. Thanks, and i was also wondering if (because the map lags a bit) by deleting some other maps i downloaded it wouldnt lag so much? thanks!
TheMechanicalHand
Bigger member

Cakes -1

Birdo

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 02:18:27 AM »

by deleting some other maps i downloaded it wouldnt lag so much? thanks!
no that wouldnt help the lag i have the simpsons map 2 it lags for me 2

And in this moment Seconds stop and I burst with clarity, A wealth of love and hate gone blank For I finally remember my fucking name!! What do you want! i breathe wind, the clarity is gone, and my pulse is faint!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: