Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Binaries for 0.8.x test thread  (Read 420852 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »

Hi guys! I noticed that the current "new" executable, version 22, DOES NOT WORK WITH MODS (it gets stuck at loading the mod!). Tested under Windows XP (one of the mods I tested is DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/BFG10K_Arena]BFG10K Arena).

New executables are important (e.g. they added something to g_humanplayers, right?)... but this problem is too heavy to be acceptable!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:45:54 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2011, 06:21:46 AM »

Tested Openfortress (dated 20081115)

Code:
59 arenas parsed
24 bots parsed
ERROR: Bad UI system trap: 53
forcefully unloading ui vm
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

Tested Q3 Catch the chicken (dated 20010202)

Code:
59 arenas parsed
24 bots parsed
ERROR: Bad UI system trap: 53
forcefully unloading ui vm
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

Something engine-side's doing this. 

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:25 AM »

Testing back, I see that version 18 works, while version 20 and later no.
I haven't been able to find a download for version 19 (it's not listed here), so I don't know if the problem appeared between 18 and 19 or between 19 and 20.
Guys, I suppose some "diffs" between 18 and 20 are needed... but I'm not able to do it.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2011, 07:40:49 AM »

cl_ui.c
Code:
#ifndef STANDALONE
case UI_GET_CDKEY:
CLUI_GetCDKey( VMA(1), args[2] );
return 0;

case UI_SET_CDKEY:
CLUI_SetCDKey( VMA(1) );
return 0;
#endif

to

Code:
#ifndef STANDABONE
case UI_GET_CDKEY:
return 0;

case UI_SET_CDKEY:
return 0;
#endif

makes mods work because of the CDKEY UI traps.

NOW GIVE ME ALL YOUR CAKES.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2011, 07:48:07 AM »

Cake given. Smiley Now waiting for version 23! Smiley

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »

I really had expected that to have been fixed by now. I originally stopped using the STANDALONE define because of this specific problem.

I have not yet released any binaries since 22 because I have huge compile trouble with all the renderer files I have found here.

I think I will push out an engine without the renderer changes so they can be applied there.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2011, 08:00:17 AM »

i'm guessing it has to do with the jpeg library switch? That was aggravating to deal with when I only wanted to simply test the IQM implementation.

Maybe a 22 + rendering changes could be pushed out at least before we get to 23. Is there a problem sticking to 22?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:37:29 PM by fromhell » Logged

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »

Maybe a 22 + rendering changes could be pushed out at least before we get to 23. Is there a problem sticking to 22?
There would be no problems in that. Although I have not yet attempted to apply the renderer changes to that.
I have attempted to start from scratch and copy all files again. But these are without renderer changes:
http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/oa/dev081/openarena-engine-source-0.8.x-23.tar.bz2
http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/oa/dev081/openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-23.zip
The renderer is now in its own dll/so-file.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2011, 12:56:04 AM »

Does it contain the mod fix only, or also something new from ioquake3 in the last months, that needs to be tested?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2011, 04:35:22 AM »

Does it contain the mod fix only, or also something new from ioquake3 in the last months, that needs to be tested?
New sound searching method.
qvm-based server side mods on pure servers.
alternative protocol.

-23 is build using a new script so old things like icons should be verified again.

I will post the script and extra files used to genereate it later.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2011, 01:12:27 PM »

Which icons should I check?

PS: If you want to update the first post of the thread with the new link, it would be good. Smiley

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »

Also networking does not work...

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »

D'oh! I quickly started a version 23 dedicated server, and connected from a client on the same machine (and running version 23 executable, and also using the 0.8.5 executable for client), and it worked. I don't have a second machine to do the tests, now... so probably I can't help much with online tests...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:53:34 PM by Gig » Logged

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »

Also networking does not work...
The default master server was not "dpmaster.deathmask.net". I did not notice until I tried with a clean config.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2011, 01:37:07 AM »

Apologies for being late with my 088 engine working folder

It's basically the -22 engine (I think it's 22) with glsl and my various rendering changes applied to it. This is what I used to compile and test.

http://openarena.ws/test/oa088-eng-22-leimod.zip

I should mention 23 has very strange sound bugs - I can hear sometimes clicking in some sound effects.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2011, 03:40:39 PM »

Haven't tried sounds with 23 yet. To have a scenery loosely limilar to yours... do you have openal enabled or disabled?
UPDATE: I've just done a test playing a SP match with OpenAL enabled and one with OpenAL disabled, and I have not noticed strange things in sounds. I'm using windows xp.

----------------------------------------

Another thing: do you remember the bug that brightess controls stop working after you switch from fullscreen to windowed mode (tested under windows xp)? I've found a page on ioquake3 bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2785
Its status is "resolved invalid", and the last post there claims it is not a ioquake3 bug, but a SDL bug, linking this SDL bugzilla page:
http://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=971
its status is "resolved wontfix"... and it seems to talk about linux only...
At a first search, I don't find other similar bugs in SDL bugzilla http://bugzilla.libsdl.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__all__&product=&content=brightness

Being much more technical than me, do you understand something more than me?

Is someone around here registered on SDL bugzilla, to submit the bug under Windows in an apposite page?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:39:02 PM by Gig » Logged

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

It's pretty funny how darkplaces-sdl has brightness control working, keys working, and better mouse input....

Someone should learn from that and fix up ioq3's crappy sdl code. Not surprising they'd rather blame than fix.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »

["Not a coder" disclaimer]

Hmmm... I'm guessing it's pretty hard to port that piece of code into the idTech3 engine, isn't it?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2011, 03:12:55 AM »

Fromhell, are you still experiencing those audio problems? I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on my system.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

Binaries based on -22 with leimod changes copied in. cg_autoswitch default value also changed from "1" to "2" like in -23
http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/oa/dev081/openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-24.zip
http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/oa/dev081/openarena-engine-source-0.8.x-24.tar.bz2

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »

While compiling the most recent binaries (the ones from Sago's last post) I've got these errors:

Code:
LD build/release-linux-i386/openarena.i386
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvorbisfile
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvorbis
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -logg
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[2]: *** [build/release-linux-i386/openarena.i386] Error 1
make[2]: se sale del directorio «/home/luciano/Descargas/openarena-engine-source-0.8.x-24»
make[1]: *** [targets] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio «/home/luciano/Descargas/openarena-engine-source-0.8.x-24»
make: *** [release] Error 2

Code:
LD build/release-linux-i386/openarena.i386
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvorbisfile
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvorbis
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -logg
collect2: returns exit status 1
make[2]: *** [build/release-linux-i386/openarena.i386] Error 1
make[2]: goes out of dir «/home/luciano/Descargas/openarena-engine-source-0.8.x-24»
make[1]: *** [targets] Error 2
make[1]: goes out of dir «/home/luciano/Descargas/openarena-engine-source-0.8.x-24»
make: *** [release] Error 2

Am I missing some library for these ones?

EDIT: Turns out I was... the libvorbis-dev library. -.-
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:00:59 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »

Gonna need one more engine compile to ensure some changes are working:

- Testing the flare junk, archiving lensReflection1, assuring r_flaresDlight works, assuring r_flares 1337 works (alternate fading), removing r_flaresSurfRadii (it never worked, it was supposed to make flares's initial sizes depend on the size of the surface it's spawned from, so big light brushes could have large flares)
- Reverting the DXT5 change in the texture loader since it makes bloom perform like crap
- The GLSL postprocess stuffs Hitchhiker just posted as changed files to this 24 engine build. I'm going to start with that first.
- I'm going to up the max vertices per shader to 2000 or so to get the stencil shadows working (cg_shadows 2) on OA's higher poly models.  Hopefully that regresses nothing. I've had it at an insane value before in 2007, testing self-shadowing on a subsurf'd angelyss

I'll post changed files when i'm finished.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:05 AM »

The zip in this post + the zip down below = changed files.

Changes:
- Fixed bloom bleed
- Took out DXT5 since it slowed bloom down
- bloom sanity checking if r_texturebits isn't 32
- r_lensReflections1 is archivable, so is 2
- r_flaresurfradii is gone
- enabled #RAVENMDR
- I didn't up the max vertexes since that actually had memory errors. so i left it alone
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:21:03 AM by fromhell » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2011, 08:08:25 AM »

Hi guys!
I don't have a MAC, so I can't do any kind of test about it... that being stated...

In the executables zip I find 6 files. Two of them (client and dedicated server) are Windows32, two of them are Linux32 and two of them are Linux64, right?
What about Mac users? It has been reported that DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Bugs#General]0.8.5 release used 0.8.1 Mac executables (not a major problem, of course... but anyway...). Possibly, this time it would be good to update them (I suppose between 0.8.1 and 0.8.alien executables may have gained nice features).

I don't know who compiled the game for Mac at the time of 0.8.1 (files in OpenArena.app\Contents\MacOS folder report "last modified 20/10/2008")... but who is capable of doing it now? Maybe Digitalfoundryl, that sells the app on the Mac store? Even if I would have preferred asking to someone without commercial intents, if available...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:25:06 AM by Gig » Logged

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »

25:
http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/oa/dev081/openarena-engine-source-0.8.x-25.tar.bz2
http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/oa/dev081/openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-25.zip

What's changed?
25 = 24+"oa24 diff.zip"+"oa24-leimod.zip"+"2 changes by my"

My two changes was to change:
dynamic and uniformLight to vec4_t in tr_shade_calc.c (line 1409 and 1443) to stop some nasty warnings.

@Gig
The Mac binaries was compiled by jackoverfull (http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?action=profile;u=362)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: