Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BUG: Known issues with maps  (Read 6357 times)
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« on: July 08, 2008, 03:24:19 AM »

KAOS2 (0.7.7 Win32, 0.7.0 Linux): Thread topic changed per missbehaving's reply

Spectators can fall out of the world (i.e. move through the walls and view the map from the outside) at or inside two elevators.

• Corner elevator, next to red stained glass and chanting (when you're there, head towards the right).
    (Bottom: Leftmost of two elevators at lava pit (rocket launcher, not lightning gun).)
  • Far elevator behind quad damage and rows of armor shards.
    (Bottom: Also rocket launcher.)

You'll get some wonderful fringing hall-of-mirrors -- you can then turn around and see where you came from.

Probably not expected behavior (i.e. can be used in clan matches, etc.).

(Possibly [not] related to [BUG] 0.7.1 Patch (KAOS2) - HUNK_ALLOCATETEMPMEMORY: FAILED ON 16777224?)

Attached images, both elevators, top and bottom.  (smallified, as we know what the map looks like)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:46:33 AM by damocles » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 08:07:42 AM »

Yes Cheesy that map is bugged, or it doesn't like dmflags 2056

Are you able to change the title of the thread to  'Map Bugs - Known Issues' or something as I know a few more?

If you try it in rotation and enable the podium thing the actual game continues and the podium shows inside the map Cheesy

btw.. they are nice ss.
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:51:18 AM »

Are you able to change the title of the thread to  'Map Bugs - Known Issues' or something as I know a few more?

btw.. they are nice ss.

Done.  Fire away.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I should mention what the shots were running on; might be a bit dodgy.  (It's neither nVIDIA nor ATI, I can tell you that. Smiley)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:53:29 AM by damocles » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »

I have an issue with TAKKIE map when in cycle, cant remember the exact name but maybe wait and see if anyone else has found any issues
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »

The bug that causes that in kaos2 is because the elevators are actually doors and spectators teleport through them. dm6ish has the same problem with the opening in the ground.

Other (might be) map bugs:
It is possible for spectators to see chalk in oasago2... the clip must be lowered 32 units
You can run outside the map on ctf_compromise (easiest as a spectator but also possible with a plasma climb)
wrackdm17: invisible textures under the platform that looks like you can shoot through them. Possible to run around in the bottom of the map (the killbox does not go all the way down)
dm4ish: Chalk if you go into the skybox (this is general and more like a feature in the map)

I generally do not care about spectator bugs or chalk as a result of being in the skybox. I think it is sorta like the theater: You only consider the side the audience is viewing from. However the missing killbox can be rather annoying especially for player that don't know how to kill themself.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: